Cheetah3D 5.x for Beginners - Video tutorials

Thanks Martin

Martin sorted it for me, as if he nothing better to do, still no joy from Kagi though.

Too late to look at these now though.

More like demonstration videos than tutorials.

These videos although helpful could b even more helpful if.

1. The speaker spoke up. I got my volume maxed out and still can hardly hear him.

2. The teacher slowed down, sometimes he clicking and doing things that I can't see nor follow. I think he is also using hotkeys which is a no no in a beginners tutorials because I see things changing but can't see what caused them to change.

Cheetah3d for begginers video

I just purchased the Cheetah3d_for_beginners video and received a zip file. When I double click it I don't know where the unzip files are. I can't see them. Is there trick? This is the file I got: Cheetah3D_For_Beginners_v5.3 2.zip
When I double click to unzip this is what I get: Cheetah3D_For_Beginners_v5.3.zip.cpgz

Last edited:
This is strange. After unzipping there should be a folder named "Cheetah3d For Beginners" at a size of 1,56GByte - are you sure your download is completed and 1.47 GByte in size?

Cheers
Frank

Be careful about kagi store

If you purchase this tutorial from Kagi store be careful, their download speed is very very low, 40K per seconds. So I have tried to stop and restart several times. But since download limit of the link they have sent to you is 3, I could not download it now. Same thing could also happen to you so be careful.

Video Tutorial for Cheetah 6?

Hi,

Please can you advice if you plan to create a new video for Cheetah version 6.
I am new to Cheetah but I would think that many thinks have changed/improved?

I would be interested to buy a tutorial that is close to the current Cheetah version (6.3.1). Thanks!

I agree with some of the above comments in that, this is NOT a tutorial DVD, but a very long, very dull demonstration.

The presenter goes off and clicks this and that without telling us what he's clicking or why he's clicking it. He mentions things in passing that he seems to assume we know what he's talking about. (Like, wtf is a 'normal')

Some things he spends a lot of time explaining something in minute detail that a beginner has no use for, then 'wham bam thank you ma'am' - click this, drag that, select something else type in a number, hit enter and... Hang on, that's important...

Sorry that my very first post here is a rant, but I can't let others spend good money on something that is not what it says it is.

And yes, it IS good for insomniacs.

I'm not sure if there are any plans in place to update those particular videos and whilst they're not project based, there is some good stuff in there. I'd use them alongside something that is more project based to really hammer home the info. Can I point you in the direction of my YouTube channel which has hours of free tutorials on it…

https://www.youtube.com/user/novolume

Also if you dig around in the forum, there's loads of other stuff in all kinds of different formats. It tales a bit of digging out but there is some really useful stuff.

Back