Cheetah3D 7.0.1

Cheetah3D 7.0.1

Hi,
I've already released a minor update which fixes 3 bugs. But since they caused quite some problems I've released this update as fast as possible.

-automatically adds a "Renderer" toolbar item
-fixed a bug in the "Check for updates…" command
-fixed a bug in the DRM

Kind regards
Martin

I just downloaded Cheetah 7.0.1 (I had, and still have, an upgraded registered copy of 7.0) and when I click on "Register Cheetah 3D" it no longer says that I am registered. Has anyone had a similar experience? What do I do? Any information will be appreciated.

Simm

I just downloaded Cheetah 7.0.1 (I had, and still have, an upgraded registered copy of 7.0) and when I click on "Register Cheetah 3D" it no longer says that I am registered. Has anyone had a similar experience? What do I do? Any information will be appreciated.

Simm

Have you tried deleting your previous v7, and then copying and pasting your v7 serial into the new 7.0.1 ?

Hi,
Cheetah3D 7.0 had a bug in the DRM which falsely interpreted some old registration umbers as v7 registration numbers. That bug has been fix in 7.0.1.

Cheetah3D 7 is a commercial upgrade. It's only free for customers who purchased Cheetah3D after April 1st 2015. So please check your invoice when you purchased Cheetah3D. It should be before the mentioned date.

Bye
Martin

Mr. Wengenmayer:

Thank you for the prompt reply. Apparently my last purchased copy of Cheetah was before the cutoff date. The bug in 7.0 explains the confusion. I will purchase the update.

Sincerely,

Simm

Rendering Errors 7.0.1

Hi Dearest Forum.

For Info I found these issues:

There's an image of settings along with Radiosity on and off.

Regards

Andy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 11.40.16.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 11.40.16.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 372
  • C701ErrExample.jpg
    C701ErrExample.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 367
  • C701ErrExample2.jpg
    C701ErrExample2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 392
While these artifacts indeed look strange you have Ambient Occlusion enabled; not sure you want that.
What´s your "Max. ray depth." setting?

Cheers
Frank

Render Issues

Frank,

Upgraded to the 7.1 Beta, Problem cleared!

Max Ray was 10000.0

Regards

Andy

While these artifacts indeed look strange you have Ambient Occlusion enabled; not sure you want that.
What´s your "Max. ray depth." setting?

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• C71BRenderGood.jpg
    C71BRenderGood.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 281
I am running OSX El Capitan and downloaded Cheetah 7.0.1. The Loft creator does not show up in the menu. As a test I opened misoversaturated's pavilion.jas file and only the dome appears on screen. What might be going wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 1.50.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 1.50.46 PM.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 261
Back