Visible Fog

Visible Fog

I'm not sure if this would be considered a part of something else or not, but here are a couple things that have come to mind. They may already be on your to do list and that is great.

1: Interior fog. This item should be a tag that creates the illusion of fog on the interior of an object. Obviously this would only be visible on the inside of transparent objects.

2: Fog that reacts with light. I would like to be able to render things like a street lamp shining down through some fog. This would obviously require a change to your renderer.

3: This one is not really a seperate object, but if you had interior fog that reacted with light, it could be useful for creating effects like engine glows, flames, and smoke.

Regarding fog. An easy update to the existing tag.

Could there be an 'end' limit to where the fog is applied ?
This way a background made of an HDRI as background would be visible and not gray.

Cheers,

p*

2: Fog that reacts with light. I would like to be able to render things like a street lamp shining down through some fog. This would obviously require a change to your renderer.
Volumetric lighting would be nice.

Andrew

Volumetric fog/lights would be great for car light beams, lighthouse beams, glows and so on.

I would like the fog to also not show the outlines of Transparent mapped Textures, where the outer edges show.

Next best thing:
For rounded "glows" that can simulate beams of light in Cheetah 3D, see Cheetah3D forum Tutorials.

Right now, the fog tag seems to introduce a "fogged" plane. Adding fall-off to that plane would help, in addition to the ability to texture the fog, for a cloudy effect.

realistic glow effect

Hi,
how can I make glow effect in cheetah3D?
I have to draw a treasure chest at night with glow effect.
thanks, Robert

Attachments

• with_glow_aphoto.jpg
    with_glow_aphoto.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 343
  • without_glow_cheetah3d.jpg
    without_glow_cheetah3d.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 355
Post is not always that realistic if you're not very experienced in doing it. It's 2d.

Light emitter helps, but you can't change the intensity in the 'normal' material (that would be a nice feature, though).

If that doesn't work, you can make the object transparent, create a slightly smaller object in the first, make the material a solid with light emitting and the necessary intensity. Probably you need the 'right' color of the emitter. It takes some time, though, to find the right balance.

Back