Issues with Particle Mesh

Issues with Particle Mesh

Hello,

I have created a scene that has a particle mesh that has particles create an object - similar to the Particle Marty sample. When I render the file, I get lots of flashing - the particle mesh will disappear for a few frames, then come back. Is there any way to correct this? Also, I would like to take the mesh out, having it be replaced by model used to create the mesh. In the past, I have used booleans to do this but it won't work with the particle mesh. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the particle to polygon to see if I can figure it out. I've attached a sample of what I am trying to do.

Attachments

• Particle Tube.jas.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 230
Thanks for the sample scene. It helped a lot.

The problem is that you are using a "Volume" particle mesh but the volume of the mesh is just very small compared to the volume of the bounding box. The material of the tube is very thin. Please keep in mind that particles are placed in the solid part of the tube. In case of a metal tube inside the metal.

If you use a completely solid mesh (like a cylinder instead of a tube) for the volume mesh things will work better.

Bye
Martin

Back