Newbie playing with tutorials etc.

Newbie playing with tutorials etc.

Got a nice sphere with a seafloor image/bump map working. But when I render the light (tried spot, distant, etc.) BELOW sphere doesn't appear at all. It will show on basic default material (less painted tiff) but when it's painted with my tiff and rendered it goes away...and there is a cobbled street background. How can I get rid of that default background and how can I get a light of SOME sort with a toggle color to show? Thanks

OK added screens - first ok - 2nd added light (spot, distant, all options), 3rd rendered without texture tiff

Attachments

• OK1Mavericks.jpeg
    OK1Mavericks.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 329
  • MavericksLightBad.jpeg
    MavericksLightBad.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 344
  • NoTextureLightOK.jpeg
    NoTextureLightOK.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
The visibility of the HDR-image light can be turned of at its properties.
Not 100% sure about the pink reflection - which seems to belong a visible colored light source and what your issue is in detail.

Cheers
Frank

The visibility of the HDR-image light can be turned of at its properties.
Not 100% sure about the pink reflection - which seems to belong a visible colored light source and what your issue is in detail.

Cheers
Frank

OK - I am trying to get a reddish color glow from below object and it will not show when I have the painted on tiff texture running
Thanks

Hi fauna and welcome to the forums.

Is the red “light” an actual texture or is it a 3d light object?

If you are combining multiple textures, you will require some specific nodes to get that way to work.

Can you zip your file with textures and post it here please? We should be able to help better with that.

If you are combining multiple textures, you will require some specific nodes to get that way to work.

Can you zip your file with textures and post it here please? We should be able to help better with that.

OK - I have messed with it a lot - texture app gone, but main thing is to get a glow from the bottom with normal from the top...Thanks

Attachments

• MavericksGlobe copy.jas.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 218
You have no texture delivered nor assigned to the sphere and the HDRI light source lost the HDRI.

Shall it look like so?

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• PinkGlow.jpg
    PinkGlow.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 283

The lower light was an object added from the camera icon in toolbar - tried various light types Thanks

You have no texture delivered nor assigned to the sphere and the HDRI light source lost the HDRI.

Shall it look like so?

Cheers
Frank

Yes - sort of - wanted the default HDRI lighting but with a defuse glow from below - more subtly lit than what I see in the image you sent - Thanks. BY THE WAY had meddled with it a few times before I sent the original thread version - like added the green color

Last edited:
It´s an area light (disc shape):

Cheers
Frank

I see - so can adjust relative distance and intensity - now need to change green - Thanks

attached .mov file of animation I did at start (BY THE WAY this took me a mere hour as total new user - great ease of use for first time) OOOPS 34MB file size - forget attachment.

Better Render - whew lots to learn!

OK, thanks guys. I got much more what I had in mind - Needs tweaking but that's for tomorrow - and animation work and so on. The disk shape for are light was a revelation. Plan is to animate bump globe and have a close encounter with a red hot globe traveling in another direction - near miss.

Attachments

• A Better Render 2.jpeg
    A Better Render 2.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 243
  • BetterRender2Window.jpeg
    BetterRender2Window.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 242
attached .mov file of animation I did at start (BY THE WAY this took me a mere hour as total new user - great ease of use for first time) OOOPS 34MB file size - forget attachment.
Maybe put it on YouTube or Vimeo if you have an account or share a Dropbox link if possible.
Have fun.

Cheers
Frank

Rendered animation first ever project

Rendered first project 1 hour after downloading Cheetah3D and install - using tutorial but modified from git-go. This is a spinning globe with the Mavericks (surf spot) bathymetry used as bump map/texture.

At vimeo
https://vimeo.com/259230600

Rendered first project 1 hour after downloading Cheetah3D and install - using tutorial but modified from git-go. This is a spinning globe with the Mavericks (surf spot) bathymetry used as bump map/texture.

At vimeo
https://vimeo.com/259230600

Cool thanks for sharing. You're off to a good start. Is this your first experience with 3d, or did you come from another 3d application?

Back