Character Rigging Question (Pose)

Character Rigging Question (Pose)

A quick stupid pose question...

So I have a model that I have rigged, weighted and posed.

I made a new character mesh and I have copied the skeleton from the base model to a new model and weighted it.

Now I can not for the life of me get the pose function to work.

Does the pose tag need to be attached to the root Bone, the entire figure, all joints?

Can the pose function work between multiple figures? Whats the best way to copy poses from one figure to the next if they share the same rig?

Thanks in advance.

Does the pose tag need to be attached to the root Bone, the entire figure, all joints?
Please have a look into Help->Cheetah3d samples->Animation->Alien walk.jas
To record a pose hold shift key down and click the root joint (first joint in hierarchy) then go to Pose tag and hit New Pose. You don´t have to record the whole hierarchy when just one arm/leg/head are posed - just shift&click the root joint where arm/leg/etc begins.
Can the pose function work between multiple figures? Whats the best way to copy poses from one figure to the next if they share the same rig?
Not possible as far as I know - maybe it´s scriptable - can´t tell. (Morph tags can be transferred between objects when same polycount+topology is given. BTW)

Cheers
Frank

I did get this to work after a cooler head this morning.

It's a pain, but I had to start with the base file. I pasted the new figure mesh into the base file and pulled the skeleton from the base to the new along with the pose tag.

Once I re-weighted using the base skeleton the poses worked on the new mesh.

I wish there was a better way, but this will work for now.

It's a pain, but I had to start with the base file. I pasted the new figure mesh into the base file and pulled the skeleton from the base to the new along with the pose tag.
Once I re-weighted using the base skeleton the poses worked on the new mesh.
Okay - you didn´t say you take the joints with the pose tag.
I hardly ever need to use the vertex weighting after "heat-binding" was implemented; just make sure your joints are inside the mesh.

Cheers
Frank

Back