fbx model with normal map

fbx model with normal map

it would be great to export models in .fbx that saved the colour texture and the normal map texture assigned in cheetah is there any way already?thankx

???

lets say i model a character.then i imported it in 3dcoat and painted a colour texture and some normal map details.thats where they come from.then in cheetah i can rig it and import the textures.problem is the .fbx file don't save material info about normal map texture assigned.only the colour.why does it matter where it comes from?it was assigned on the proper place and renders inside cheetah, and if it were exported from maya would keep normal map texture.any chance to do it in cheetah?thanks

its possible its just fbx exporter can't handle the job.im sad because i was planing to skin some characters in cheetah and export to other animation packages.i think simple tools like these are enough for me. but the normal map details would matter in the fbx file.lets say even Toonboom animation softwares now import 3d meshes and textures matter.
So its strange that Frank replied to this topic asking where did the normal map came from, an odd question, and then this post vanish.

I may not be understanding your problem fully, as I don't do much of this sort of work. I guess you should clarify what you mean by "normal map" though. Is this a texture you created and then UV mapped in C3d? I agree with what Frank asked. Where did this material come from?

If it's a procedural material, does baking the material in C3d not work for what you need? I've never had a texture map (diffuse) ever having a problem importing into another 3d app. I've even had a procedural metal in C3d come through in Modo without changing anything. Usually procedural materials don't work across different apps, unless they're built to do so. I have no idea how that worked, but it did.

If you post an image or sample scene of what you are having a problem with, someone that does this here may be able to help you better.

Last edited:
ies its a blue texture created outside cheetah.mapped into cheetah material in the proper slot, not diffuse but bump/normal map.it was expected to be exported in the fbx file, along with diffuse texture.so anything to do with procedurals.thanks

Back