3D orbit of a 3D model...

Hi Frank.. very puzzling.. I have never seen that one before... Are you able to it doing right mouse, Open With.. If so, just choose PDF Reader.. ..

A while back I had real issues with an interactive pdf, after the last update.. I read so much on how to fix and found that there were heaps of other with issues.. I finally fixed it really easily..

Check our your Macintosh HD... /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ .. and if you have

AdobePDFViewer.plugin
AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin

chuck them into your Disabled Plug-ins folder if you do.. Keep them incase you need them later. I did this and it all works fine... Adobe tend to create on update and stuff other things up.. It took a lot to fix this issue... Check the internet out and you will see heaps of issue.. but I have never seen yours... Yours might be a different issue..

Are you able to view any PDF which you download from the internet.. i do not mean an email.. That is different...

Destiny..

The info says "InDesign" - and as I mentioned it seems working just with AcrobatReader.

Last edited:
Hi.. Yes you can use Photoshop.. that works fine.. but you will also need to add javascript code..

Destiny...

Downloaded pdf to my desktop (Intel iMac 24" - 10.6.8). Opened in Acrobat Pro 10.1.4. 3d rotation worked as expected.

How did you get the 3d file into the pdf? Did you have to used Photoshop Extended? We are looking into putting some of these 3d type files in our support pdf's.

Thanks!

aarrr.. I think you burnt my Retainers.... :p LOL

Yes, html5 is an option. Some software companies are using the dae file to embed into their interactive 3D media, but the file size can be a high and some browsers have issue with html5.. Even if you use Chrome, you still have to download a window thing or extra plugin.. Safari seems to be the best out of them all..

I will post a few different ways of doing it.. The main issues would be the rendering quality and file size... JavaScript is a real option in making sure it runs nice... I am still tinkering with my code..

Destiny

hi,

how about three.js? webGL is still not a stable, but some browsers ( Chrome, Safari [ optional ], FireFox ) support it.

I made a sample. please check it.

http://tres-graficos.jp/ch_data/ch_three.js/examples/webgl_loader_collada_marty.html

actually, you have to write javascript code. but it can be written a script to make it automatically.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hi.. I think once webGL is supported better with html5, it will open up a few more opportunities... But to be honest, I do not think it will be as big as many think.. After all, html4 has been around for years in the form of xhtml, but no one called it html4.. but its the same thing...

This interactive pdf version has been done differently.. The file size is a bit lower but the rendering is not as good... If you use only Vector graphics with web colours for rendering, not a problem. It can look really nice.... Most texture map look much better with a bumpmap.. but unless you add JavaScript and code it in, then an interactive 3D pdf will not support a bumpmap..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/Marty/3Dinteractive-Marty-Cheetah-Destiny.pdf

Destiny..

hi,

how about three.js? webGL is still not a stable, but some browsers ( Chrome, Safari [ optional ], FireFox ) support it.

I made a sample. please check it.

http://tres-graficos.jp/ch_data/ch_three.js/examples/webgl_loader_collada_marty.html

actually, you have to write javascript code. but it can be written a script to make it automatically.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Because its not what the client wants... they want to be able to turn and twist and zoom... To just rotate can be done very easy but so many people can do this so they ask me to do something different... I have Maya, Max and other programs to do this... Its just a matter of setting the last key from 360 with say 36 images sequences... I can do multiple rows and put them into Object 2VR but still not good enough... Client wants the pig animation type... Some of the object to scan are hundreds of years old.. Scientist all over the word will look at the model and want to take a screen shot of a particular area of the model.... If I cannot work it out I will lose the job.... I will gladly buy Cheetah if it does what i want but I have bought so many programs to try this but they do not work.. I might have to buy the 3dsom software but thats very expensive and the trial, like most trials will not allow me to find test it out.. I have asked but no response...

Destiny

Destiny, when I looked at your website, it looks like the main thing you are doing is creating virtual tours. If that is what you are looking to do with a model in Cheetah, it might be different when the camera is on the inside looking out, than it is when the camera is on the outside looking in, like the pig example.

A while back, I bought some software from Kolor in order to try to make my own HDRI panoramas to use with Cheetah. The bundle I bought also included software to make interactive virtual tours. Disclaimer: While I've used their software with photos, I have not used it with Cheetah renders, although I don't know why it wouldn't work. I suggested something similar to someone here a week or so ago regarding the use of stitching to make higher resolution images than Cheetah can do. That same thing might work for you. You might be able to animate your camera within Cheetah to take a sequence of images covering 360 degrees by 180 degrees, then stitch that sequence into an interactive virtual tour.

Here is a link: http://www.kolor.com/buy/software/panotour.html#.UJambI5-69A

For what it is worth...

Bill in MN

Hi.. Yes.. When I first started with interactive 3D objects, I began using 3D software and set the animation to 360 frames, I then exported the animation as 36 24bit pngs images and then imported the image sequence into flash where I coded it to rotate.. Its ok but not the best way to do it.. I found many better way to do it since then.

I already use the kolor software.. I am using it to create a Planetarium for our science project with my students. We bought Cheetah to make 3D content but only basic models..

We have been playing with all kinds of media and interactive content in a pano, Cheetah is good since it provides all the right export files..

Last year we had a vision of doing our own thing with photography, panos and interactive 3D content but to date we have made $0.. :(.. There does not seem to be any need for our interactive 3D content etc.. We wanted to create a fully interactive shop with 3D products. We know how to do it but not one enquire. So we have basically given up with that.. Our web site is still up as you have seen but its just another useless pano web site.. So for now it's teaching for me.. :frown:

Destiny...

Back