Since I'm absolutely new...

Since I'm absolutely new...

Hello,
I'm not even a real user yet (only have the try out version installed) but I'm impressed by what I see in the gallery's etcetera.
I have 3 questions:

1) Is it really possible to make such great stuff without ANY prior knowledge of this kind of software? I mean: does it work 'easy as a Mac' ?

2) Is the 'For Beginners Training' really helpful?

3) That training does not cover Cheetah 5. Is that desastrous ? ;-) Should I wait?

Thanks!!

Hello,
I'm not even a real user yet (only have the try out version installed) but I'm impressed by what I see in the gallery's etcetera.
I have 3 questions:

1) Is it really possible to make such great stuff without ANY prior knowledge of this kind of software? I mean: does it work 'easy as a Mac' ?

3) That training does not cover Cheetah 5. Is that desastrous ? ;-) Should I wait?

Thanks!!

Hi Rene,

I am also a beginner with Cheetah and 3D. For me the DVD-Tutorial is very helpful. I am still learning :) Take the DVD, it will help you to. The basic steps are the same for Version 4 or 5.
Cheers!

Hello,
I have 3 questions:

Thanks!!

Yes. The C3D interface is very logical and doesn't look like an explosion in an icon factory. Everything you need is easy to access and any common commands can be bound to certain keys (which is totally customisable). I have had experience with 3D software but I find that C3D is much easier to use than 3DS Max. Therefore I think its ideal for someone wanting to learn 3D design/modelling/animation etc...

I would most definitely recommend you work through the tutorials that come with the program and ones you can find on this forum.

A lot of the training for C3D prior to version 5 will apply to 5 as well.

Blender's a great program that's free, but compared to Cheetah's streamlined, easy to grasp interface, I keep returning to Cheetah after weighing the pluses and minuses of each program. Cheetah is a joy to work in most of the time compared to the complex 3D programs out there, so I definitely recommend Cheetah3D for beginners and advanced artists alike. There are things I would like to still see in it, but it's a great 3D program.

Rene,

Hello and welcome. I have a few free tutorials on www.cgvertx.com under the Resources section, but they were done with version 4. You might still find them useful. The major difference is the material system.

There are also a bunch of tutorials listed on Podperson's thread, here.

Last edited:
Back