Odd Crashing

Odd Crashing

Hi there,
1st time posting here, and unfortunately its a pester for some support.
But 1st I have to say C3d is an excellent tool from what I can tell, and incredible value.

I'm getting crashes when I load in an FBX which has been kindly exported from 3ds by a 3d modeler for me. I use cheetah to review & tweak (and do basic ideas)
How do I report/get support for cheetah please.
ie how do I take a crash dump/report & how do I get it to support ppl

Thanks in advance
Jon

I'm getting crashes when I load in an FBX which has been kindly exported from 3ds by a 3d modeler for me. I use cheetah to review & tweak (and do basic ideas)
How do I report/get support for cheetah please.
ie how do I take a crash dump/report & how do I get it to support ppl

Hi Jon and welcome,

If you have not done so yet, you can customize your tool bar (right click on it) and add the report bug icon.
In your case, it's likely wise to send your .fbx file to Martin (martin at cheetah3d dot de ) as well as the crash log report (in the Users/Library/Logs/Crash reporter/...).

Hi,
I've already received the FBX file via email and the file doesn't just crash Cheetah3D but also Maya and Cinema 4D. So it looks like the file is either corrupted or the FBX SDK has a problem to load this special file.

Bye,
Martin

cheetah 3d 5.1 keeps crashing

hello. im pretty new to the software and have been working on a project but the programme keeps crashing on me for know apparent reason and now it wont open back up without crashing. i have sent the error report to apple but dont know what else to do.

the file details say it is only 940kb so dont see how it can be a size issue. i have barely began to upload anything.

any ideas?

Hi,
please try Cheetah3D 5.3. You can download it for free from my webpage.

Cheetah3D 5.3 uses the latest FBX SDK which solves many former crashes.

Bye,
Martin

I don´t think Apple will help you here. ;)

Crash-logs&bug-reports have to go to: martin"at"cheetah3d"dot"de
If possible along the file.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Frank

But it will be a (rare) crash report that Apple can't blame on Flash, so Adobe will appreciate it.

5.3 still crashing

hello again. sorry but i downloaded the new 5.3 version and opened my project in that. it takes forever to open and then works fine until i want to render the scene to test and then crashes again, which is making it difficult to work on.

the project information says its 1MB and i have lots memory on my computer. i have uploaded images as textures each about 1.7MB.

what do you think i should be doing to help my situation?

Hi!
any chance we could see the file to (cross) check it?
what format is it, FBX like the original thread? did you use any script?

cheers,
Alessandro

no script. its mostly all just re scaled shapes with images attached via materials bar.
its a jas file, sorry im not sure of other terminology

i have emailed error report and attached my jas project file to martin@cheetah3d.de

is this ok?

no script. its mostly all just re scaled shapes with images attached via materials bar.
its a jas file, sorry im not sure of other terminology

i have emailed error report and attached my jas project file to martin@cheetah3d.de

is this ok?

sending the file and crash log to Martin is always the best thing to do. I was suggesting to upload the file as attachment if you don't mind sharing it: some of us will be glad to look into it and help you out if possible... (if you want to do so, simply zip you .jas file and upload the .zip file as attachment)

if it's not an imported model it's very strange it keeps crashing...

cheers,
A

yeah. i downloaded the 5.3 version from the cheetah website.

i have attached a copy of my project in the zip document.
its not very detailed, just a simple representation of an exhibition im trying to make a digital walkthrough with. i will be wanting to animate with the camera next so id really like to get this problem sorted.

thanks for your help.

Attachments

• gallery copy.zip
    224.2 KB · Views: 174
No prob here so far - but lots of lots of "experimental" modelling/geometry.:D

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Topology.jpg
    Topology.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Gallery.jpg
    Gallery.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 155
yeah not sure what went wrong with the floor sub-devides. lol
so you were able to render the scene?

i doesnt look like all the images have rendered on the walls as in the project.

what do you suggest im doing wrong?
why does it crash when i render it?

Hi,
thanks for the files. I've checked them and could reproduce the crash under 5.3. The bug will be fixed in Cheetah3D 5.4.

A beta version of Cheetah3D 5.4 will be released soon in the forum.

Bye,
Martin

dear Frank and ladylaw,
No probs loading and playing with the scene but if I try to render it crashes for me too (tried several times)
I did some test and found the problem should be the "plane" object which is actually your "floor+walls" (the geometry is a bit strange indeed, maybe n-gons with holes or something like that? can't remember if cheetah can manage such things...). if you try to delete it (in a copy of your document, of course) the render should work fine...

cheers,
Alessandro

Attachments

• Schermata 2010-05-15 a 18.34.01.png
    Schermata 2010-05-15 a 18.34.01.png
    86 KB · Views: 138
  • Schermata 2010-05-15 a 18.36.30.jpg
    Schermata 2010-05-15 a 18.36.30.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 147
Back