Fidget Spinner

Fidget Spinner

I've been trying to get my daughters into 3d modeling. I ended up modeling this myself while trying to teach one of them about box-modeling.

(Falcon, 100spp, faux hdri is the only lighting, the materials are a simple "plastic" blue (standard material with a little blurred reflection) and the standard "steel" with some anisotropic roughness added.)

Attachments

• fidget spinner.jpg
    fidget spinner.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 541
:smile: I Like how your matts rendered out. Thanks for your tips.

How lucky your children are to have a Dad who not only is caring & creative but also well educated
in computer sciences to help them.

Bet They loved your cute little cartoon Wessel with his snappy self assured walk.

I’ve listened to the delightful sounds of a child’s toy playing Mickey Mouse’s “Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog” tune
in the background before (it sounded like) you closed the door to the room you were recording a tutorial in.

And now . . . your daughters are advanced in her computer knowledge enough to be able to use your Mac Pro!
Very Impressive!

Mh Best
Jeanny

Would more samples get rid of the graininess ? In Falcon how many samples do you suggest?
There's no golden rule - it depends on light and materials you´re using.
With "0" samples and enabled "Adaptive sampling:" you can get a noise-free image and the rendering stops until then.

Cheers
Frank

Back