Lofty Question

Lofty Question

* Question to the Good Doctor, Martin W:
* Is there a possibility - in future - to expand the functionality of the new loft tool to add a rail? This rail would be a another spline (Bezier S / C / linear / NURBS, as in the path creator) which controls the axial position of intermediate transversal splines used for interpolating the shell of the resultant loft.

* Reason:
* For a future project (2018 - this should be the cardinal number eight, but the forum editor thinks it is an emoji :frown: ) I will require numerous spline based biomorph meshes, each requiring a fair level of animation of both the cross-sections (= a set of splines) and the axis (= another single spline).
* I am aware of Master Hirotos´s script to flow meshes onto a spline, BTW. It seems to work faultlessly with C3D V7.
* Thank you for any feedback and Servus from Vienna :smile: :smile: :smile:

Last edited:
* Is there a possibility - in future - to expand the functionality of the new loft tool to add a rail? This rail would be a another spline (Bezier S / C / linear / NURBS, as in the path creator) which controls the axial position of intermediate transversal splines used for interpolating the shell of the resultant loft.

I'm not sure what you mean. Please keep in mind that the loft object can also create torus like shapes. How should a rail spline control such a shape?

It's easier to add some extra profiles to get more control about the in between loft vertices.

Bye
Martin

* Thank you, Martin.
* I will invent a couple of demonstrative sample(s) to show what I had in mind. It is a bit difficult to explain just in words.
* Sorry for any delay as I am currently busy with a non-3D project which has a critical time frame.
* Servus from Vienna :wink:

Helmut, are you thinking of the "rail" feature to be similar to a sweep, but also allows multiple shapes along the rail and lofts between them? I would thing that would be pretty handy if it was available.

Back