Multiple speeds Animation

Multiple speeds Animation

Hi everybody,

I am a beginner with Cheetah3D, and I totally love it, but I have been having problems with this, and probably it is a super basic and stupid question, but here it goes:

I am trying to create multiple animations with different speeds, using the max 10 keyframes.
To explain this better I attached a JAS file with the following:

2 objects orbiting 2 Spline trackings.

The object 1 is going from position 0.0 to 1.0 using the full 10 keyframes, which is the desired result. But here comes the problem:

I want object 2 to go from position 0.0 to 1.0 (using the same max 10 keyframes) but I want it to be slower than object 1.

Is there a way to do this without changing the current speed of object 1?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Orbits.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Not sure if I understand you 100%.
When object 1+2 are at the same spot at start and end you just can lower the speed of object 2 with a "Spline-interpolation" at the beginning - but the speed will increase till both objects meet at "finish" together.
Sounds logical?
What do you mean by "10 keyframes"? Seconds probably?

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SpeedyGonzales.gif
    SpeedyGonzales.gif
    73.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Not sure if I understand you 100%.
When object 1+2 are at the same spot at start and end you just can lower the speed of object 2 with a "Spline-interpolation" at the beginning - but the speed will increase till both objects meet at "finish" together.
Sounds logical?
What do you mean by "10 keyframes"? Seconds probably?

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank, thanks for your prompt answer, yes, I already tried that but it is not very natural since I am trying to make it uniform and at a constant speed.

I think I found a solution for this. Going to the 'Takes' view and increasing the max time from 10 to 20 seconds. Then I set the time for object 1 to go to position 1.0 in the second 10, and to finish in 2.0 in the second 20. And set object 2 to finish in 1.0 in second 20. (See attached)

Simple, but I don't know why I thought the max time we could use was 10.

Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• Orbits_done.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 235
That would have been my next suggestion to double the value for the position of spline tracking tag of the first object - no need to extend the take length.

Cheers
Frank

Back