Cheetah 3d English Manual Converted to PDF

You know that my book has been out for iBooks since it first came out :)

(Of course if you read the reviews in the iBooks store you probably won't buy it… Good grief.)

I actually ended up buying it off of Lulu. I still "crack it open" on my iPad every once in a while. I haven't read any of the reviews on iBooks, but I can't imagine what the bad reviews would be about? I guess some people thought they could master 3d without putting in any work. I've been at it 5 years in my spare time and still consider myself pretty amateurish / intermediate.

I still think it's a great resource in conjunction with the forum and the help manual. I'd buy v7 book from you if you release one. :cool:

I can't imagine what the bad reviews would be about?

Some complaints are understandable (not enough pretty pictures, or I don't explain how to write scripts), others at least plausible (apparently someone bought it but didn't want to use Cheetah 3D, so apparently the title of the book is insufficiently clear), or a matter of taste (my writing apparently sucks and/or is incomprehensible), while some seem unfair or wrong (I don't know what I'm talking about, or I cobbled together the content from the internet).

As you know, I try to deal constructively with all complaints if they seem at least intended to be constructive but it's a bit disheartening not to see one positive review (even if the overall rating is fair enough). Hint hint!

You know that my book has been out for iBooks since it first came out :)

(Of course if you read the reviews in the iBooks store you probably won't buy it… Good grief.)

I guess it's typical for most people to only post when they want to post a negative review. It would be helpful for more people to go on and give a positive review though. I think maybe a lot of people here that have bought it, never even looked at a lot of the reviews. I'll go into the iBooks store and leave some positive feedback. Of course the whole field of 3d is pretty complex, so writing a book about it is a big task. Especially one for a smaller (but great) app like C3d.

Maybe you could ask others here to go in and give a positive review if they bought the book and like it? I never thought about it because I bought it from Lulu. Are there reviews on Lulu also? I never paid attention.

I was hoping to see this:

v7 beta 20 Manual now online

Has it moved somewhere?

Regards

Andy

No, the original manual for v6 was in that thread, so I thought I'd post v7b20 in that same place. Were you able to download it? Let me know if something is wrong and I'll see about fixing it. :cool:

Edit:
No idea why that was broken. See if it works now. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll see what the problem is.

Last edited:
This is what I'm getting ...

Cheers for your efforts.

Here's what I see:

Regards

Andy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 10.43.58.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 10.43.58.png
    228.1 KB · Views: 363
Seems online from here:

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank for confirming.

I think either DropBox got rid of Public Links, or there is a bug / problem with them. It use to be that Public Links would just download the file when clicking on the link. I can't find much information about it. Clicking on the link now should take users to the DropBox page where they can then choose to download. I'll email DropBox and maybe they can give me some info on what has happened to the Public Links. I prefer for it to work like it use to. But if they've changed they way it works, I'll have to go along with what they've decided.

Andy, if you are still having problems, PM me your email and I'll send the file directly to you. :D

Back