interference in my render

interference in my render

Hello
I’ve been making an animation but recently when i render it to check how it looks there is interference in the 1st few seconds.

https://youtu.be/Q3kGXkSdNJ8

I’ve uploaded some of the video to youtube so you can see.

It started after i added wind to make a flag flutter (i think) but otherwise my only thought was i’ve got too many objects and it’s using up all my memory.

Any ideas

much appreciated joe

Last edited:
Seems a tough nut from a distance view.
I doubt the wind effector has something to do with it. Maybe use "Bake simulation" first - then render.

Cheers
Frank

Just a shot in the dark, but at the point where it happens, is there something too close to camera? Or, is the camera actually in the middle of something it's picking up that's it's not supposed to?

Bob

Just a shot in the dark, but at the point where it happens, is there something too close to camera? Or, is the camera actually in the middle of something it's picking up that's it's not supposed to?

Bob
Yes that was my first thought too. Maybe some of your particle clouds are temporarily getting in front of the camera?

I’ve deleted the flag with it’s wind and the interference has gone.

The flag, it’s pole and the wind were in a group that was scaled up x10 in x,y, and z to make it visible in my animation. I now realise this directly effects the physics engine. But perhaps it was also causing the interference.

I’m not sure.

I’ll keep trying to get a flag fluttering on top of the mountain, but it’s not crucial.

This might end up being my little advert for my Bed and Breakfast, but i’m just enjoying using cheetah, although probably not very adeptly.

Thanks for all the help and advice

I’ll keep trying to get a flag fluttering on top of the mountain, but it’s not crucial.

You could use a plane with like 64x48 segments and an animated crumple modifier.
Additional modifiers can be used for getting a more flag-like shape.

flag2.gif screenshot.png

I hope, you still have the original-scene. If it's really related to the scaling, you could bake that (tools, coord system). Worth a try ...

Back