insert point question

insert point question

How come you can't insert points in the point mode. It's kind of like shooting blindfolded doing it in edge mode then switching to point. And is it possible to set multiple points on an edge. It seems like I can only set one point at a time (i.e. select i.p. tool/set point/point mode/select i.p. tool/set point etc etc) rather than laying out a few points on my line, then going to point mode and editing them.

Surely you can use Ring Cut and Scalpel in point mode...? Does that help?

Sure, you're creating more than just one point at a time, even with scalpel, but it's still a very precise way of working.

Hi Lonestar,
you are right the current insert point tool is suboptimal. A rewrite of this tool has a very high priority on my to do list. Maybe already in 2.3.

By,
Martin

I've rewritten the insert point tool today and the new one really rocks. :D It will come with the next update.

By,
Martin

Hi,
I've also updated the scalpel tool and some other polygon tools.

If you now move with the mouse over a point, edge or polygon with these tools active Cheetah3D will highlight the underlying points, edges or polygons. So it is much easier to hit a edge or a point with the scalpel tool. That should really increase productivity. :wink:

By,
Martin

P.S. Looking forward to see your model Lonestar. :D

Back