Audio in Cheetah 3D

Audio in Cheetah 3D

I teach a year long animation class, including 2D, 3D, rotoscoping and stop motion techniques. I used Blender last year, which was a bit difficult for my students due to the less-than-friendly user interface. I was thrilled to discover Cheetah3D, until I realized that it is unable to import audio. I have always taught my students to start with the audio track and animate from that. Having read some of the comments and work arounds here, I don't see a really viable solution to this problem. Does anyone have a method that does not involve rendering and rerendering and jumping back and forth from C3D to a video editor? I tried looking at Papgayo, but there doesn't seem to be a way to integrate that with C3D, and it has its own issues. I really don't want to have to go back to Blender - C3D is soooooo much more intuitive and easier to learn. Plus, I bought a site license this year and have reworked most of my lesson plans already. :-( I wish I'd discovered this issue sooner - I just assumed that adding an audio file was built in...

I teach a year long animation class, including 2D, 3D, rotoscoping and stop motion techniques. I used Blender last year, which was a bit difficult for my students due to the less-than-friendly user interface. I was thrilled to discover Cheetah3D, until I realized that it is unable to import audio. I have always taught my students to start with the audio track and animate from that. Having read some of the comments and work arounds here, I don't see a really viable solution to this problem. Does anyone have a method that does not involve rendering and rerendering and jumping back and forth from C3D to a video editor? I tried looking at Papgayo, but there doesn't seem to be a way to integrate that with C3D, and it has its own issues. I really don't want to have to go back to Blender - C3D is soooooo much more intuitive and easier to learn. Plus, I bought a site license this year and have reworked most of my lesson plans already. :-( I wish I'd discovered this issue sooner - I just assumed that adding an audio file was built in...

Hi and welcome here,

Yep, as you have seen, no audio here (I assume you've search the forum and seen the various posts on this). But you came to a right place in terms of 3D modeling. Just ask your question and you will get an answer.

Thanks. I did do some experimentation today with Papagayo and Final Cut, and it's not a terrible workaround, but I would REALLY love to see support for adding audio in this app. Nothing fancy, just to be able to import it and scrub through while animating, like Blender does. If that function was incorporated, this program would be absolutely perfect for my needs. I love everything else about it. Blender was such a headache to deal with, in many ways, and turned a lot of students off of 3D. I think C3D, on the other hand, will be much easier for them to master, and troubleshoot. Now who do I need to beg to add audio support? ;-)

Back