Fan Blade illusion?

Fan Blade illusion?

I am attempting to create a still image (no animation)
Is there a way to create the illusion of the fan blades spinning at full speed. Could this be done in C3D or must it be done in post processing? Graphic software.
All Ideas are welcome and invited. Remember this is to be a still image.

Attachments

• BoxFanSm.jpg
    BoxFanSm.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 416

Ok you want a still, but you want to animate a small group
of frames with motion blur and one frame will be your still.

For the motion blur to work you need a few frames at least.

Ok you want a still, but you want to animate a small group
of frames with motion blur and one frame will be your still.

For the motion blur to work you need a few frames at least.

Zoo is correct. If you want to do this all within C3d. Someone posted some method of doing the motion blur in C3d for a still frame. Can't remember where it is at the moment. It should come up if you do a search.

Attachments

• BoxFanSpinning.jpg
    BoxFanSpinning.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted out. I've been very tempted to get both the vector and bitmap apps from Affinity. I've heard they are really good. I'm stuck using Adobe apps for work though.

Glad you got it sorted out. I've been very tempted to get both the vector and bitmap apps from Affinity. I've heard they are really good. I'm stuck using Adobe apps for work though.

I have both and they are fine apps and cheaper than PS. The only thing I still use gimp for is creating seamless textures.

You could have done the whole job inside Cheetah3d.
I added a thin soft body flag dynamic part and a high frequency rotation value to the flan blades - baked the simulation - scrub to and interesting looking image and rendered (Falcon with enabled motion blur) a few images before and after it. Pick the one you like the most from the image sequence Cheetah3d make available for us:

FanFan.gif

Cheers
Frank

You could have done the whole job inside Cheetah3d.
I added a thin soft body flag dynamic part and a high frequency rotation value to the flan blades - baked the simulation - scrub to and interesting looking image and rendered (Falcon with enabled motion blur) a few images before and after it. Pick the one you like the most from the image sequence Cheetah3d make available for us:

Wow, that looks really nice. Very well done.:icon_thumbup: :smile:

Bye
Martin

Back