Version 2.2 screenshots!

Version 2.2 screenshots!

Hi,
here is a small preview of what's coming up with the next update. The long wait will have an end and Cheetah3D will finally have animation features. You will be able to animate almost all object, tag and material parameters.
You can manipulate the recored key frames either in the key editor

TimeLine0.jpg

or in the F-Curve editor. The values between the keys will be calculated by either bezier spline, linear, flat or smooth interpolation.

TimeLine1.jpg

TimeLine3.jpg

The rendered animations can than be previewed in the Render Manager and finally saved to any Quicktime supported movie format.

RenderManager.jpg

Version 2.2 will be a free update of course.
I currently plan to release at least a beta version this month :wink:

By,
Martin

That looks very nice. I'm looking forward to the beta. Animation was one of the reason why I kept using other 3D moddeling tools.

Sora.

Hi Martin,
If I may :
Just keep in mind that not everybody is yet used to create/generate animations. Therefore basic exemples are fairly important to help understanding what's possible with these new features.
Just my 2 Euro cents.
Other than that, I am certainly very impatient to try this new version ... :cool:

peer said:
Looks great, where can I sign up for a beta release?

It will be a public beta. If you are a registered user you will be informed by email when it's done:)

By,
Martin

Version 2.2

Will it be able to generate Quicktime VR panoramas? I find these useful and generally much smaller to send to clients than movies.

I also would like to see better texture handling so that it is easier to modify textures by shifting their origins or directions. Once you figure out how, Artlantis Render is very good at this. As of right now, I like Cheetah's renders better and the price is much lower than Artlantis.

Re: Version 2.2

eeblack said:
Will it be able to generate Quicktime VR panoramas? I find these useful and generally much smaller to send to clients than movies.

Sorry but 2.2 can't do Quicktime VR yet. But that is a desireable feature of course.

eeblack said:
I also would like to see better texture handling so that it is easier to modify textures by shifting their origins or directions. Once you figure out how, Artlantis Render is very good at this.

You can offset, scale or rotate a texture with the "Material Tag". See the documentation of the "Material Tag" for a description.
But in 2.1 was a bug which disables the "UV Offset". But it will be fixed in 2.2.

I hope that I could help,
Martin

Back