Script Suggestion

Script Suggestion

Hi,
I have no idea how to write scripts, so if one of the script writers would write me a script that would be great:D. Maybe if you can't think of one to write, you could write me this one. It would be great to have a script the made a polygon so that another polygon could not pass though it. Not like the screenshot below.
Picture 1.JPG
This would help a lot once Martin has joints and it would in general animtion. For instance, if I were to animate a man walking and he comes up to a table he would not just "float" through it, but could not go any farther.
I don't know how hard it would be or how much time it takes to write a script, so if it's hard or would take a lot of time just forget it:).

Thanks,
Greg

Useful feature I guess

Hi Eureka.
This could be a great feature because it´s maybe nearly the same for telling a vase to come down and sit to a table surface or a ball to lay on the green or ........ very useful.
I´m not a scriptkiddy, even not a kiddy anymore, but a theoretical approach could be to tell via the script one mesh/dimension in relationship to a second mesh where it is and what its dimensions are and forbid any crossovers to their vertexes. If motion will join the game I have no clue of an idea.

With kindest regards
Frank

Hi,
you probably want something like collision detection. But that is not possible via scripting. At least no yet. Sorry. Scripts would be also much to slow for that task. Normally you use a physics engine for that a job. But that is probably something for a full version Cheetah3D update since that is quite some work to integrate a physics engine.

Bye,
Martin

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. Martin, I thought there was a physics script? I haven't figured out how to use it.

Thanks,
Greg

Back