embed image texture

embed image texture

I'm using V. 5.2 and saving materials that include an image node. I click "embed textures" hoping that the JPEG image is now copied into the material so that it can't be separated or lost. If, for example, I embed a 500KB image the resultant material is around 524 KB, indicating the image is copied. (Typical procedural materials are around 24).

Here's what confuses me. After saving the material, if I view it in the Node Editor and click the image node and then click the "Load" button sometimes the current embedded image is located as follows:
texture_folder.jpg
Where is this folder? I couldn't locate it using the Find command. How does that work?

If I do the same thing with other materials it shows me the folder where I placed the original JPEG file.

Why does it work two different ways?

I'd like to contribute a few materials to the Decorated Pig thread but want to be sure the materials are complete with integral images.

I suspect Pilot Error, but would appreciate any explanation from someone more familiar with this basic function. Thanks in advance.

I´m not sure what the question is right now. :sneaky:
As far as it goes for image based textures saved internally as a Cheetah3d material it´s where all other related stuff goes like scripts, samples, render history etc:
Mac/HD/Users/You/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3d/Materials/..... imbedded in the c3dmat file format - which can be accessed in Finder via context menu click->show content. So as long as you save an image with checked "Embed textures" - there it goes.

Cheers
Frank

Back