Beginners guide to Cheetah3D

Andrew,

Does your beginner tutorial actually tell us "how to" do something (precisely and sequentially and completely), or merely that it can be done. I'm into my fifth hour now struggling with the axe-tutorial. I'm completely stuck trying to shape the mesh using the Transform tool. The tutorial merely says, "Use the transform tool to bring the mesh into the following shape," but the tutorial does not say "how to" do this. I will buy anything if it provides the precise sequential task actions on how to accomplish a given task: Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, and so on. The Cheetah3D Help files/tutorials/videos that I've encountered thus far merely suggest that certain tasks "can" be done, but I see very few sequential task actions on "how to" achieve something. --KeithG

Andrew,

Does your beginner tutorial actually tell us "how to" do something (precisely and sequentially and completely), or merely that it can be done. I'm into my fifth hour now struggling with the axe-tutorial. I'm completely stuck trying to shape the mesh using the Transform tool. The tutorial merely says, "Use the transform tool to bring the mesh into the following shape," but the tutorial does not say "how to" do this. I will buy anything if it provides the precise sequential task actions on how to accomplish a given task: Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, and so on. The Cheetah3D Help files/tutorials/videos that I've encountered thus far merely suggest that certain tasks "can" be done, but I see very few sequential task actions on "how to" achieve something. --KeithG

Hi Keith,
Yes I do a step through and a general over view.

Scripts

Hi Andrew

I have recently purchased both Cheetah3d and your Tutorial video, they have both been helping me a lot. However, when I step to the Spline Modeling Tutorial, you have mentioned in the video that we could download the Script (eg the Loft+ js) files from the Cheetah3d forum.

However, after searching through the forum and the Cheetah3d website, I couldn't find the location to download and import all these scripts you have shown in the video. Could you kindly direct me to the site or send me the script file so that I could continue with the tutorial? Thanks.

Rgds

Vincent

Hi Andrew

I have recently purchased both Cheetah3d and your Tutorial video, they have both been helping me a lot. However, when I step to the Spline Modeling Tutorial, you have mentioned in the video that we could download the Script (eg the Loft+ js) files from the Cheetah3d forum.

However, after searching through the forum and the Cheetah3d website, I couldn't find the location to download and import all these scripts you have shown in the video. Could you kindly direct me to the site or send me the script file so that I could continue with the tutorial? Thanks.

Rgds

Vincent

Hi Vincent,
here's a link that has the loft+ script I think the original script was written by Todd so it might be worth while have a look through his posts. Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=2627&highlight=script+pack

p.s. Some of the scripts have been updated and enhanced!

Scripts

Hi Vincent,
here's a link that has the loft+ script I think the original script was written by Todd so it might be worth while have a look through his posts. Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=2627&highlight=script+pack

p.s. Some of the scripts have been updated and enhanced!

Hi Andrew

Thanks for prompt reply and direction. In fact, just saw the Script section in this forum after visiting the link which I didn't realize previously. Will definitely look at Todd's posts, and if possible, would like to learn about script writing to enhance my modeling work. Thanks.

Rgds

Vincent

Hi Andrew

Thanks for prompt reply and direction. In fact, just saw the Script section in this forum after visiting the link which I didn't realize previously. Will definitely look at Todd's posts, and if possible, would like to learn about script writing to enhance my modeling work. Thanks.

Rgds

Vincent

Glad to help. There's a lot of talent on the scripting forum so you'll kind lots of good examples.

Andrew

Site issues?

Hi Andrew -- did something happen? All I can see at your site is a link to your blog, and nothing there about the DVDs. :(

Back