Something cute & festive!

Love this second model even more than the first.

I guessed you might have used Hiroto's hair script for the pom-poms, but evidently not. (You might like to experiment with the hair script.)

Love this second model even more than the first.

I guessed you might have used Hiroto's hair script for the pom-poms, but evidently not. (You might like to experiment with the hair script.)

Thanks, I've just been playing with that hair script, it's pretty cool - makes my little old iMac cry a bit when it's rendering though, so I gave up halfway through. I probably shouldn't have tried to make the snow bunny quite so fluffy :)

Hi All

Thanks, I've just been playing with that hair script, it's pretty cool - makes my little old iMac cry a bit when it's rendering though, so I gave up halfway through. I probably shouldn't have tried to make the snow bunny quite so fluffy :)

I’ve had the same problem as you Mathilda . . . I’ve tried to put hair on a model of just a dogs head. I wanted it to be soft and fluffy looking too. The only way I could achieve that effect was to make the hairs thin and tapered but I had to put literally thousands of hairs on its head . . . thus my computer kept freezing up. I finally gave up. My ultimate goal was to animate the dog.

Is there any way around this? Is it possible with a heftier computer? If so what does one need?

:smile: My Best Regards
Jeanny

Hi, the Pictures in this post are lost. Is it possible to recreate them, or just view them otherwise?
I tried searching in web.archive.org but no luck, maybe I did it wrong...

The last working images are in the Interview with Sarah Brown (Kookizu / Mathilda...) found there : http://www.mac3dsoftware.com/cheetah3d/an-interview-with-sarah-brown-aka-kookizu/

Im looking for the 'making of' of this picture:
(The knitted hat is fabulous!)
Snowbunny.png

Thank's for any help.

I remember this artist, wonderful work.
It's very disappointing that we can't see them anymore.
Maybe Martin can look into it.

* The knitted cap may be quite simple to model. I used:
1 a helix-based sweep plus a taper for the inner layer.
2 another sweep based on a pathed spline (a Java script, presumably by Hiroto) plus a ring.

* I have no wooly material in my toolbox, but that should be a minor matter.

:rolleyes: No doubt, there are better and more precise / appealing methods to simulate that.

* PS: With the exception of the axis of the pathed helix these are all parametric objects which can be edited as required.

WoolyCap 1.png

Last edited:
She has a Twitter account and a few other things (I think maybe Etsy)? A lot of them haven't been updated in quit a while. I think I found an online store of hers too at one point. I really like her stuff a lot.

P.S. Thanks for the demo for the wool cap Helmut. Very cool.

Back