Something cute & festive!

Something cute & festive!

I'm still getting to grips with doing 3d stuff and learning from examples and tips on this forum. I was inspired by Filip C's whipped cream example and some of the knurls tutorials to make this little dude just in time for christmas! :)

s6j70w.jpg

Amazing!
Very cute character and very well executed! Definately gallery material :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, definitely picking up lots of cool little techniques from here - I love the way that people post nice short simple solutions and tutorials with step by step images. It's been really helpful to learn from scratch this way, less daunting than being faced with a big fat book covering everything at once!

I'll have to start seeking out some good texture mapping posts soon - that makes my head explode when I try and work out what to do by myself! Hopefully it's easy once you know how...

Agree with all the above. You've done a particularly nice job with the materials/lighting which have almost an SSS quality to them.

I love this render! I agree it could go in the gallery. That cake looks 100% like it was made with real fondant.

Kudos!

Another Christmassy offering :)

I was quite pleased that I managed to model the cone, took a few attempts though. Thankfully I learned about bump maps by the time I got round to the knitted hat!

4g544l.jpg

Another Christmassy offering :)

I was quite pleased that I managed to model the cone, took a few attempts though. Thankfully I learned about bump maps by the time I got round to the knitted hat!

4g544l.jpg

Very cute, I like your style! :D :icon_thumbup:

I know you said bumpmaps, but it looks to me as if at least some part of the hat is geometry. If possible could you render out a wireframe? :)

-- GS.

@Garden Spider - Yeah I did make a torus with some simple ridges on the... I don't know what you call that bit of a wooly hat... the brim, the cuff? I could claim that it was all carefully planned, but it was pure luck that it actually matched up to the width of the stitches :)
2nl8vba.jpg

@Uncle808us Oh man, I didn't even think to change the intensity. It was set to 1.0 in that render but I did think it would be nice if it was a little more defined. I was convinced it was down to my lighting that it looked less bumpy in the proper render than it did in the tests. I changed it to 1.5 now :)

Back