Blurred reflection bug

Blurred reflection bug

Hello,

So I was trying to make a glass ball with bubbles in it. And it rendered great. But I also wanted to try one with blurred reflections and that totally didn't work out (see first attachment). It's a simple scene with a plane, ball with glass texture, a random array with balls and an hdri/ radiosity tags. Is this a bug Martin?

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• Bubblesbad.jpg
    Bubblesbad.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 377
  • Bubblesgood.jpg
    Bubblesgood.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 391
Nice bubbles.

Hello,

So I was trying to make a glass ball with bubbles in it. And it rendered great. But I also wanted to try one with blurred reflections and that totally didn't work out (see first attachment). It's a simple scene with a plane, ball with glass texture, a random array with balls and an hdri/ radiosity tags. Is this a bug Martin?

Regards,

Peter

I'd like to know more about how you made the bubbles. I'd imagine balls within a ball all being transparent. Am I close.

Uncle808, Yes you are right!
Here's another example.

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• Glas02.jpg
    Glas02.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 329
Hi Peter,
normally it should work. Could you please mail me the scene. I know it is a simple scene. Nevertheless recreating a scene before starting bug hunting costs a lot of time. Especially if you don't know the exact parameters.

Bye,
Martin

Here's a simple scene. Just a plane, a ball, camera and light. I also noticed that the material preview looks strange. For hdr I used the entrance pano that comes with cheetah. Hope you can help.

Regards,

Peter

PS. Uncle808, it's actually a small glass for a "Jonge Bols". Tastes like gin.

Attachments

• Bug.jas.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 361
  • MatPreview.png
    MatPreview.png
    9 KB · Views: 335
Hi Peter,
that was a bug and I've fixed it. It will work in the next update. Thanks for the bug report.

Bye,
Martin

Back