[OT] E-Frontier releases Poser 5 for free (Mac and PC)

[OT] E-Frontier releases Poser 5 for free (Mac and PC)

Hi,

Although it's relatively off-topic, and I don't like how Poser is designed (moreover, Poser 5 doesn't even have OpenGL acceleration, so the usability can be quite limited), anyway, in case somebody is interested and didn't hear the news yet:

E-Frontier has released Poser 5 (Mac/PC) for free (although for a limited time, only until Monday 4th). The site for the distribution is ContentParadise (note that they have reached the download bandwidth limit, but you can order it, checkout the order, and you can perform the download later, even after Monday -it's a 600MB download- ). The only thing that you must do before Monday is to checkout the order (you get the license code when you checkout).

Another potential problem: No idea whether Poser 5 will work in Tiger (the first release of Poser 6 had major problems with Tiger, until the SR1 update).

I doubt that somebody here can really fall in love with P5, but however, I believe this free release can make C3D users more impatient about seeing character animation implemented in C3D :-D

Back