Shifting bunch of key-frames in the time line ?

Shifting bunch of key-frames in the time line ?

Hi,

Does anybody knows a way to "insert time at the cursor position" - that is shifting all/a bunch the key-frames after the cursor by a given number of frames ?

As "snippets" do not exist yet, I have an issue inserting a small peace of animation in the overall animation (and I do not wish to shift by hand one hundred or more key frames :-( )

Thanks for your support

p*

Pierre said:
Hi,

Does anybody knows a way to "insert time at the cursor position" - that is shifting all/a bunch the key-frames after the cursor by a given number of frames ?
This is not possible yet

Pierre said:
I have an issue inserting a small peace of animation in the overall animation (and I do not wish to shift by hand one hundred or more key frames
At this time, the only way out that I can see is to render the 2 parts separately and to then insert/edit the videos files

Pierre said:
Hi,

As "snippets" do not exist yet, I have an issue inserting a small peace of animation in the overall animation (and I do not wish to shift by hand one hundred or more key frames :-( )

Thanks for your support

p*

In 'key editor' you can select a group by lefthand mouse clicking and dragging around the keys you want to move. This will allow you to move a group of selected keys at once.

Andrew:)

Thanks Andrew,

This does help :p .

- Is it normal that the old keys remain on the time line (now without associated changes) ? :confused:

- Now, I need to do that for each object that is animated at this given time, right ? Is there a way to do that on all objects in the same period (I guess no, as we can see only one object at a given time in the time line, maybe a new feature ? :) )

Thanks

p*

- Is it normal that the old keys remain on the time line (now without associated changes) ?
Ok do the selection in the F-curve editor, this should help.
- Now, I need to do that for each object that is animated at this given time, right ? Is there a way to do that on all objects in the same period (I guess no, as we can see only one object at a given time in the time line, maybe a new feature ? )
Yes to the first question.

Andrew:)

Pierre said:
- Now, I need to do that for each object that is animated at this given time, right ? Is there a way to do that on all objects in the same period (I guess no, as we can see only one object at a given time in the time line, maybe a new feature ? :) )

I'm currently rewriting the hole parameter system.

The new parameter system will be also made available via scripting. Writing such a function which works on all objects will be possible then.

In general for generating repeating sequences I plan to supports takes or sequences which can be easily repeated.

Bye,
Martin

Back