Objects

I think that's my problem... Question... Once you've made an object "editable," is there a way to make it "un-editable."

custom shapes

How can I create a "custom shape" similar to the one attached... Which tool (or tools) should I use.

Attachments

• Custom shape-1.jpg
    Custom shape-1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 343
scaffolding

How's is the easiest way to create "scaffolding" similar to the object attached.

Attachments

• scaffolding.jpg
    scaffolding.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 334
Spiral staircase

Can anyone show me how's the best way to create a spiral staircase "wrapping around" a storage tanks (like the one attached)

Attachments

• spiral staircase.png
    spiral staircase.png
    76 KB · Views: 558
REply to posts

Thanks Frank. Helped me too. Frank, what animated gif software are you using?

Last edited:
Staircase

OK Frank... You knew it was comin'
How do you put the "railing" on these stairs? (see attached)

Attachments

• staircase.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 317
OK Frank... You knew it was comin'
How do you put the "railing" on these stairs? (see attached)
Yup - and the answer still remains the same as from yesterday:
http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8833
Just kidding.
If you stay "parametric" you´re a winner - see attached image. Adjust the properties and you´re fine.

And to your next upcoming question: Yes - the handrail support is part of the stair object, introduced via "import children".
Handrail2.jpeg

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Adjusting the height of an object

Without making any object "editable," is there a way to adjust the height of an object from its "base" rather than from the center of the object... In other words, when I enter the height of an object, the object will increase from the top and the bottom simultaneously. I need the object to go up from the bottom... Does that make sense?

Move the axis of the object to the bottom of the object then scale up with the widget, I think that should do it ..

Back