F-Curve Linker.js

missing properties in v7

I hope you do see, however, that, for example, in the "Alien walk" project, the original properties referenced are no longer showing up in v7 (which means of course those parts – like the facial brow animation – aren't working).

http://postimg.org/image/laabgkix7/

Last edited:
not machine-specific

Sorry to say that this issue is the same with my other machine (with the better aka not crap gpu).
I did a screen recording -- really exciting, get the popcorn ready -- to show what happens every time (although sometimes it'll be one frame, sometimes two frames before it dies).
The spinning beach ball did not record, but that's what happens when the render progress stops.

This is frustrating. I could extend this app so much with this kind of scripting.
I have another idea -- I'm going to do a clean install and only have the f-curve linker script added. Frankly (no offense, Frank) I'd be shocked if this makes a difference but I'm not sure what else to try.

[[ [EDIT] Nope. Doesn't change anything.
Running b15. OS X 10.10.5, 32GB, Intel Core i7 (4 core) ]]

Here's the movie:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7aguk5pc3lpqzt/linkbug2_h2.mov?dl=0

Last edited:
I hope you do see, however, that, for example, in the "Alien walk" project, the original properties referenced are no longer showing up in v7 (which means of course those parts – like the facial brow animation – aren't working).

http://postimg.org/image/laabgkix7/

Not sure what you´re saying: the morph-tag is still recording and can be rendered by Falcon.

Sorry to say that this issue is the same with my other machine (with the better aka not crap gpu).
I did a screen recording -- really exciting, get the popcorn ready -- to show what happens every time (although sometimes it'll be one frame, sometimes two frames before it dies).
The spinning beach ball did not record, but that's what happens when the render progress stops.

This is frustrating. I could extend this app so much with this kind of scripting.
I have another idea -- I'm going to do a clean install and only have the f-curve linker script added. Frankly (no offense, Frank) I'd be shocked if this makes a difference but I'm not sure what else to try.

[[ [EDIT] Nope. Doesn't change anything.
Running b15. OS X 10.10.5, 32GB, Intel Core i7 (4 core) ]]
I can´t tell if the API for v7 is fully implemented already - please be aware we´re in beta stage right now - even I can´t reproduce the issues you have; see AnimGIF.
FCurveLinkerModifier.gif
MorphTag.gif

Please grab the text from the bug report when you force quit Cheetah3d the next time - paste it into a TextEdit file along a line telling what you´re trying, a link to this thread and email it with the file to Martin.
I can´t help you any further with this - I´m sorry.

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Not sure what you´re saying: the morph-tag is still recording and can be rendered by Falcon.

Sorry I should've been extra thorough:
There is a "check A Parameters" button and a "check B Parameters" button in the script. The still graphic I posted shows what parameters are showing up in v6 and v7 on my machines.

As for the other stuff, I'll get to it over the weekend.

Thanks again for the attention.

Last edited:
Hello, thank you for reporting.

now I am working on writing same kind script for v7 ( kicked by sounds file ), so after that I will re-write this script for v7 as soon as possible. I knew this script has a problem on movie renderings with certain parameters combination. :p

I am looking into it.

Best

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hello, thank you for reporting.

now I am working on writing same kind script for v7 ( kicked by sounds file ), so after that I will re-write this script for v7 as soon as possible. I knew this script has a problem on movie renderings with certain parameters combination. :p

I am looking into it.

Best

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hey Hiroto. Thanks for looking into it. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. It's weird that I seem to be the only one with this problem, and it is on two machines!
Anyway, thanks again.

-Chris G

the big 'why'

I'm frustrated by this issue, obviously because I seem to be (well, my two machines seem to be) affected by it only, and because neither Martin nor Hiroto have been able to explain WHY this is happening. I sent Martin two crash logs and he basically pushed the issue onto Hiroto. Hiroto noted that he had seen some sort of problem and planned on updating the script.
These things take time, I know, and this is beta software. But this is such a strange problem and of course very 'niche' - I wonder how many people either use the F-Curve Linker or have attempted (as I have) to do similar scripting solutions.
I would love if Martin, you could explain why this is not something you need to fix. This is a bug that not only kills functionality, but crashes (well, hangs) the app (when, really, it logically "should" work). I have found, by the way, that any movie rendering fails. Not just those with motion blur. And with either renderer (Cheetah or Falcon).
I am alone in the wilderness complaining. I'm feeling whine-y today.

That is still not 100% true as I still can render each of the available example scenes without any issue.

That´s 100% true. :p

Oh yes, I should've said "ONLY" I have found. But since I already mentioned that only the two machines in my possession have this problem, it seemed obvious enough.

Some bugs can be very confounding. It'll be great to get some help regarding this one.

Can you please upload an example scene which crashes/hang your machine?
It seems I don´t have any.

If I simply open the "tank" example and keyframe the "move this" object's position, this will not render movies.

This is universally true for any project/object using the script, unless the script doesn't do anything (like if the tag index is off, which is a different (or different-seeming) bug (mentioned in another post).

(I'm guessing you'll be able to open this and render with no issues. Like before.)

Attachments

• tankWithKF.jas.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 439
I'm running El Cap on a 5k iMac at work. I'll render it to tomorrow and see how it goes. I didn't have time today to test it. I did open it in v7 and it functions as intended there.

Back