Attaching bones?

Attaching bones?

Greetings all. I'm aware that in Cheetah 3d to assign bones to an object it has to be 'ONE' object.... BUT! I've sent a picture of one of my cartoon characters and next to it is a model made in Cheetah? The thing is the model is made up of different objects. Can bones be attached to this model even tho' it's not a single object. If it can, it would save a lot of time making up a figure!!!!;)

Attachments

• My-Model.jpg
    My-Model.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 377
Many thanks Novolume! I'm breathing a long sigh of relief at this ... but I'm not sure about how do go about doing this. Could you please advise:smile:

It's not really my area of expertise, TerryG or Filip C would probably be better placed to help on this one.

I you want the figure to be inflexible, you can parent each piece to a bone. Otherwise you can either attach a skeleton tag to each piece and then drag the relevant bones to it (note that the skeleton tag only works on editable meshes).

In the end, you probably do want to make it into a single mesh, except for props and clothing.

Right back at you, the only difficulty I'm having is typing while six feet away from my computer. and talking on my cell phone from six feet away. :)

Back