Suggestions for C3D Book

I am not sure if this is helpful, perhaps you have explored this option, but have you tried leanpub??

Its kinda agile publishing; Gojko Adzic used it when publishing one of his books, those that signed up as interested got regular updates to the book and were i think able to offer feedback. also he has been able to supply additional material.
For his books, he published as pdf, mobi and epub; which was useful as i could have a native edition for my kindle, and use the PDF on my mac and iThings.

Anyway just a thought

Very good thought. I heard of them but hadn't looked into it (wasn't an option back when I tried). I may take another look but…

This thing that Lulu gets me, and it's not clear whether leanpub does this (looks like it doesn't) is transparent support for iBooks and BN.com (and iBooks does free updates). And no matter what I do, Kindle has to be dealt with separately.

I'm using your current book now, and love it. Incredibly helpful. I also found your movies and followed both the Mug and BiPlane tutorials using the video on one screen and the book on my iPad.

A thought you might consider. I have published a book using iBooks Author and found the learning curve to be straight forward. The ability to include audio and video with text and images is a powerful combination. The latest iBooks Author update, v 2.3, enables you to create multi-touch books using new ePub templates. You might consider using iBA to create your book. The beauty in using iBA is that when you update the book, everyone who purchased the book gets the update. This doesn't limit you for future versions either. These are just updates to the current version.

If you have questions about iBA, ping me.

Very good thought. I heard of them but hadn't looked into it (wasn't an option back when I tried). I may take another look but…

This thing that Lulu gets me, and it's not clear whether leanpub does this (looks like it doesn't) is transparent support for iBooks and BN.com (and iBooks does free updates). And no matter what I do, Kindle has to be dealt with separately.

Yeah, probably not, but I have never looked beyond being a consumer for two books.

Back