Curls (splines)

Curls (splines)

Hi everybody,

I made an attempt to create a script which generates curly splines and more... (branches,...)

In my opinion, the script looks at its best, when used in combination with the sweep creator (scale set to zero). I hope you guys have fun with it and don't hesitate to make modifications/improvements to the script.

I still need to do some tweaking, be sure not to exaggerate, when setting parameters.

Since my programming knowledge is extremely poor, I had to rely a lot on Hirotos kindness, wherefore I would like to thank him!

I'll try to post some examples soon... (I would be nice if you share yours)

Place the script into:.../Library/Application Support/Cheetah 3D/Scripts/Splineobj

Have fun!
Filip

EDDIT: I added offset parameters...

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2012-01-19 om 17.58.24.png
    Schermafbeelding 2012-01-19 om 17.58.24.png
    179 KB · Views: 896
  • Curls.js.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:
I noticed some strange behavior: when switching between Safari and Cheetah3d back+forth the output of the script alters slightly in 3d view without changing any values. Just by clicking the open Cheetah3d window to make it active. Anyone else?

Cheers
Frank

I noticed some strange behavior: when switching between Safari and Cheetah3d back+forth the output of the script alters slightly in 3d view without changing any values. Just by clicking the open Cheetah3d window to make it active. Anyone else?

Cheers
Frank
Thanks Frank, I didn't notice that.

Programming is very new for me and I use a lot of trial and error, most of the time I don't even know what I'm doing, so I can't help you there... :redface:

What I'm planning to do is to make the randomizing parameters less sensitive, maybe that fixes some issues...

I will also try to include more horizontal bending options...

Kind regards,
Filip

Thanks Frank, I didn't notice that.
Programming is very new for me and I use a lot of trial and error, most of the time I don't even know what I'm doing, so I can't help you there... :redface:

Kind regards,
Filip

I´m not sure if it´s the script or a driver- or redraw-bug or what. Every time I return to the Cheetah3d screen with an open scene with your script the shape randomizes - but all values don´t. I´m just confused about that behavior not about your script. ;)

Cheers
Frank

I have not seen the problem so far. Will keep trying a little more after lunch.

Oups : Just saw it too with several branches. Back to 1 branch and still have it. So, I guess it must be some other parameters.

Last edited:
I didn't manage to replicate the problem, but does it still occur when all random parameters (randomize length, randomize bend origin and randomize bend end) are set to 0?

Last edited:
Back