Particle Connector.js

Thanks Frank I'm a"F"ing idiot! I had splines turned off in my display choices.... Sorry everyone. Sorry Frank. Happy New Year! Maybe I should start drinking again. ( Had to stop due to a bad heart. Weed too! )

Ah I see. I think the script is either not updating the transforming of the base mesh or can´t read out the changing data. I believe it´s scriptable - unfortunately not by me.
This has a polygon mesh with a keyframed modifier as a base and just needs 3 or 4 keyframes - you need 3 or 4 manually updates for the Particle Connector before a keyframe is recorded - but the animation looks smooth so far:
Connectors.gif

Not sure if this helps in your case though.
Connectors2.gif

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the example.
It's look great.
But I'm sorry I don't understand the process.
Is it possible to have a file?

Thank you for your answer.
I have a test with just a cube but I do not understand that I have to animate and what keyframes I must record.

Attachments

• Nodes_Test.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 392
I´m really having difficulties to synchronise your set-up In my example is´t:
1. Go frame 0: Select "Particle Connector" choose target particle again doubleclick record button to keyframe all available parameters
2. Scrub in time say 10 frames - keep "Particle Connector" selected and choose target particle again to update the script - record and so on.
There will be a slightly out-of-sync between dots and sweep while interpolation of keyframes.
Got that so far?

Cheers
Frank

Yes it works !! It took a long time to understand what I had to record.
I still have to solve the "out-of-sync".
Thank you very much Frank

It´d be much easier if the script can read out the changes caused by the particle mesh animation. Not sure if this kind of hierarchical data structure can be accessed via the script language. Maybe Hiroto has an idea.
"out-of-sync": the shorter the interval of keyframes the better it should stay in sync. If it´s crucial better plan more of your time for the animation part.

Cheers
Frank

Back