CheetahToAE.js

Hi Hiroto,
wow, that is really cool. I was often ask about AfterEffects integration but I never really knew how to do it. And now you've written a script for it. Very very nice.:smile: :smile:

Thank you very much.:smile:

Kind regards
Martin

tg_jp:

Thank you for yet another stellar script! I was literally on the verge of what was going to be a cheetah to after effects motion tracking nightmare and I just tested this script and it looks like you may have given me a lot of my life back.

:)

Thanks!

Hi Hiroto.

Have you ever worked on doing a script that goes in the other direction (AEtoCheetah)? I realize this means working with a scripted export from AE, but that is pretty trivial (and in fact has been done a number of times by myself and others, most notably Paul Tuersley).

I personally would love to be able to animate a camera (in fact, I am only interested in a camera) in AE and bring it into Cheetah.

-cg

hello

It's a tool script to make .jsx for creating new composite of AfterEffects from Cheetah3D's scene with animation.

[ ... ]

tg_jp, Hiroto.

hi

I've just written new script for import AfterEffect scene. please check attached file. it's a tool script, that can import .ms file ( 3dsMax script ) to Cheetah3D.
you can create .ms file from AfterEffect with AE3D_Export.jsx.

http://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=991&start=60

p.s. my web site is currently down ( tres-graficos.jp ), I missed domain renewal. please don't access for a short while. :( It's back again. :p

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Attachments

• MS_Importer.js_20140402.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Huh! Well that's a good solution! Thanks, Hiroto. I'll try it out soon.
:)

-cg

edit - update:

My first test with the script was a big failure, but now I have to go to work and don't have time to work out the problems. That AE->ms script is very old; it has some basic ExtendScript problems (old commands that no longer work), but those are minor compared to whatever is causing the problems I saw, which include rotation values that are completely off (looks like "gimble lock" issues to me), [[edit] there are no framerate problems]. I'll have time to look closely at this within the next few days. I hope I can help. It may have to wait until this weekend. I appreciate you submitting a version 1! I'll determine whether or not the ms export is to blame, in which case I might write a different export that may be easier to work with. It seems to me that since you have the routines for export to AE, a reverse routine could work with a simpler set of values exported from AE.
Thanks again
-cg

hi

I've just written new script for import AfterEffect scene. please check attached file. it's a tool script, that can import .ms file ( 3dsMax script ) to Cheetah3D.
you can create .ms file from AfterEffect with AE3D_Export.jsx.

http://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=991&start=60

p.s. my web site is currently down ( tres-graficos.jp ), I missed domain renewal. please don't access for a short while. :( It's back again. :p

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Last edited:
Back