How do you edit a mesh after binding to a skeleton?

How do you edit a mesh after binding to a skeleton?

I have a character that was bound to a skeleton in T-pose, rotated 180 degrees, and the bone transforms tweaked a bit.

I want to make the character shorter and fatter. So, from this new position I would like to modify the proportions of the mesh by scaling out the torso. I also want to scale the bones to be smaller and have it pull and compress the mesh as I do. And, I want to do all this without re-rigging. :smile:

I have followed a similar process in other software, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it in Cheetah because any time I go into mesh edit mode it shows me a double image of my character. One is the skeleton bound version I want to work from, and the other is the original T-pose mesh that you would see if you turned off the skeleton tag.

What I really want is for my new pose to replace that original T-pose, but I just can't figure out how to do it. And, I can't really work with my model until I do because I get this double image. I could use some help figuring out how to do this. Thanks!

character.png

I'd like to hear an answer for this too. The hide selection does not hide the lines or points only the polygons.
Attn: Martin.

You can alter your mesh in component mode via soft-selection after dragging some applied joints for instance:

alteredAlienWalk.gif

Not so bad I think.

Cheers
Frank

Back