Realism Contest

Hi pod,

yes, you're right.

DOF is not working here, but I had to blur the shadow a bit.
I shouldn't be so lazy in doing this ... man ... perhaps I should post it next time a little bit later! :rolleyes:

But anyway thanks for your words ... I'm glad you like it. :wink:

cheers
wal3d

Ok,

here is my contribution in realism.

I searched an image in the net, deleted one bullet and made a new one. I put the image in the camera and rendered out. I finished the scene with pixelmator.

cheers
Wolfgang

A small amount of blur like podperson suggested, and maybe a bit of grain too,
and I would never be able to guess which one is 3D!

Good job! :D

-- GS

Hi GardenSpider.

Thanks. I used now a little bit of Blur now.
Hope it looks a bit better now.

cheers
wal3d

Attachments

• Comp_Metermaß_2_blur.jpg
    Comp_Metermaß_2_blur.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 722
Composition suggestion

My old aircar picture but this time instead of Acorn I broke out the big gun Photoshop and did a bit of mussing on the shadow.

As always, I think the trick to selling a rendered image is the flaws, not the perfection. (Just as the key to making enemies in computer games more interesting is Artificial STUPIDITY not Artificial "Intelligence".)

Looking good.

Have you tried to line up the shadow of the aircar with the shadow of the lamp posts? The shadows cast by the lamp posts come towards the camera. The shadow of the aircar is goes away from the camera.

Looking good.

Have you tried to line up the shadow of the aircar with the shadow of the lamp posts? The shadows cast by the lamp posts come towards the camera. The shadow of the aircar is goes away from the camera.

The shadow of the air car definitely needs to be a lot closer to the camera than it is. Sadly, this was an image I knocked together in five minutes on a computer I no longer have access to, and I don't think I even stored it as a composition.

Back