Realism Contest

Here is my entry. The composition is nowhere perfect, but I've had this problem with the scene where every time I restart the file, Cheetah3D reshuffles the objects randomly around the scene, and I don't feel like redoing it over and over again :) Strange behavior, I wonder if anyone has experienced this before. The scene was exported from Blender as an .fbx.
Credits: Photo by Abbey Hesser. Used with permission. Thanks!

Attachments

• goban_composite.jpg
    goban_composite.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 1,216
Last edited:
Good job Andreu, I plan on putting something together for this one myself but there's a big difference between planning and doing!

Here is my entry. The composition is nowhere perfect, but I've had this problem with the scene where every time I restart the file, Cheetah3D reshuffles the objects randomly around the scene, and I don't feel like redoing it over and over again :) Strange behavior, I wonder if anyone has experienced this before. The scene was exported from Blender as an .fbx.

Very nice Andreu!:smile:
Bye

The first one has the background on a plane in Cheetah. The second one has the car placed in Photoshop as a png. Interesting to play around with. :smile:

Cheers
Terry

Attachments

• cheetah.jpg
    cheetah.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 1,185
  • photoshop.jpg
    photoshop.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 1,192
Last edited:

Very very peaceful and realistic! :D
I love quiet teahouses... as long as there's a computer nearby and a steaming bowl of tea. :D

The first one has the background on a plane in Cheetah. The second one has the car placed in Photoshop as a png. Interesting to play around with. :smile:

Cheers
Terry

What's fake? :p
(Kidding)!
Good idea and COOL car! :D
Awesome! :D :icon_thumbup:

-- GS

Cheers
Terry

Terry,
Nice !
However, I think you should correct the car's shadow. Look at the left window, the other car and the roof. The sun is somewhere behind the viewer.

Attachments

• cheetah.jpg
    cheetah.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 912
My old aircar picture but this time instead of Acorn I broke out the big gun Photoshop and did a bit of mussing on the shadow.

As always, I think the trick to selling a rendered image is the flaws, not the perfection. (Just as the key to making enemies in computer games more interesting is Artificial STUPIDITY not Artificial "Intelligence".)

Attachments

• aircar in the quad v2.jpg
    aircar in the quad v2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 766
My old aircar picture but this time instead of Acorn I broke out the big gun Photoshop and did a bit of mussing on the shadow.

As always, I think the trick to selling a rendered image is the flaws, not the perfection. (Just as the key to making enemies in computer games more interesting is Artificial STUPIDITY not Artificial "Intelligence".)

Nice! :D

-- GS

Ok,

here is my contribution in realism.

I searched an image in the net, deleted one bullet and made a new one. I put the image in the camera and rendered out. I finished the scene with pixelmator.

cheers
Wolfgang

Attachments

• Comp_Metermaß_2.jpg
    Comp_Metermaß_2.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 733
Nice one wal, but here's a case for blurring the inserted image. A photo is almost never as sharp as a render. (maybe even dof)

Back