Happy Easter! Eggs? Yes!

Happy Easter! Eggs? Yes!

One might wanna know. ;)

Advanced Ring Cuts.
To make a ring cut at 50% just click&hold and drag cursor left or right: the cut will snap to 50%.
To make further adjustments move mouse back or forth along the edge you were start cutting to move the ring cut again.
Pressing now "Shift" key down will let you move the cut in or out its normals - releasing "Shift" key ill let you move the cut again.

Advanced Inner Extrude.
Select polygons (make sure you have just rows of polygons or single polys); click&drag to adjust the distance - adding "Shift" key while still dragging will let you add depth or height to your selection - while releasing "Shift" key again will let you adjust the distance again - and so forth. You can repeat this process to build complex shapes with just the inner extrude tool - without calling normal scale and normal move.

Advanced jigsaw.
Cutting with the jigsaw click&drag while the addition of the "Shift" key will let you bring depth into your mesh.

Advanced Ring Cut

Advanced Pointslide.
Added Video link to the Easter Egg 2017: Pointslide 2.0

(as a side note: I´d like to make videos about these "easter eggs" but my crap-Mac won´t let me. To give you an impression I needed nearly 40 system reboots just to finish this awful video and a few lines of text and two 2d drawings - this is more I can take unfortunately - so this is kind of farewell for the time being till I´m able to grab a new mac or whatever.Frank)

Attachments

• HappyEasterEggs.jpeg
    HappyEasterEggs.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,539
  • AdvancedInnerEx.jpg
    AdvancedInnerEx.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,853
  • VidPreview.jpg
    VidPreview.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:
I would never have guessed any of these in a million years. I might add that they're kind of a weird way to use the shift key in a Mac app.

I really can't believe I didn't know about these yet.:D
It shows that if you keep digging, you find gems.
Many thanks Frank.

I added a link to the Easter egg 2017 video as promised during the Winter Contest ´16. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Frank

Great video Frank! I like that you've added sound - I find tutorials much more watchable when there is audio too. I never notice the 'point slide ratio' in the status bar before. I'm sure that will be useful. I've been using the shift-point-slide since you mentioned some time in the past. Thanks for donating your time and knowledge.

-- Shift Studio.

Last edited:
One might wanna know. ;)

Advanced Ring Cuts.

Advanced Inner Extrude.

Advanced jigsaw.

Advanced Pointslide.
Added Video link to the Easter Egg 2017: Pointslide 2.0

I get them all except the advanced point slide after watching the video and trying this at home, I'm still not sure what holding shift is doing I seldom if ever use the point slide but I might if I find a use.
What are some uses for it?
And what does the holding shift do?
Thanks

Back