Cheetah3D 5.7 Beta 2

Just that it was easier to see when using (color white to transparency) in Gimp to paint texture maps.
Well - if you need full control a workaround is to open the PDF in Inkscape - adjust the line width to 1px or whatever you prefer, save to PDF again and open it now in GIMP.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank, I'm getting old but not blind yet. I was just wondering why the lines got thinner. Thanks for the work around tip though. Have a great nite or day or both.:icon_thumbup:

The ability to change the thickness of the lines is another great addition to the customization now possible with Cheetah 3D. :icon_thumbup:

EDIT: OPTIMIZE SHADER Option by 5.8?
By version 5.8 if it will exist before 6.0, I'd also like to see an Optimize Shaders option. Any shader in a huge list that's unused would be deleted from the file. This would help when there's many objects with similar shaders. It's not a necessity, but would clean up things a bit easier.

Last edited:
Hi Martin.

In the preferences window, you can change the color of the object browser. Can you make it, so you can change the color of the rest of the windows, like the materials panel, properties, tool and so on?

EDIT: OPTIMIZE SHADER Option by 5.8?
By version 5.8 if it will exist before 6.0, I'd also like to see an Optimize Shaders option. Any shader in a huge list that's unused would be deleted from the file. This would help when there's many objects with similar shaders. It's not a necessity, but would clean up things a bit easier.

Not quite sure; "Delete unused" won´t work for you?

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• DeleteUnused.png
    DeleteUnused.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 521
Hi,
sorry for not rersponding to the Beta thread yet but I had to take a short timeout due to some private reasons. But I've started working on the next beta again.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Hi,
sorry for not rersponding to the Beta thread yet but I had to take a short timeout due to some private reasons. But I've started working on the next beta again.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Don't worry Martin, the new toy works great so far.
I hope everything's fine for you.

We have spread the word for you (10th sales) btw

cheers,
Alessandro

Hi,

Bye
Martin

hurray :) :)

was wondering about this beta a couple of times, previous week.
as alessandro told, the 5.7 changes are really helpful esp, the shortcuts update.

PNG with transparency exported from Illustrator Bug

Hi Martin,

I discovered this in 5.3, but it's also apparent in 5.7b.

Exporting a PNG with transparency from Illustrator and then importing it into an Image Material causes an odd smearing -- a multiple repetition of the image. It looks okay in the GL preview, but on rendering it shows the doubling effect. If the PNG background is filled, it does not show this effect.

See attached images of the thumbnail preview which show what happens. This does not happen when exporting a PNG from Photoshop.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 303
I´m not sure what you think Martin can do about it. How does the PNG looks in preview.app?
I can´t reproduce that behavior of Illustrator´s PNG export with transparent background. What kind of PNG options do you have enabled in Illustrator?
Anyone?

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• IllustPNG.png
    IllustPNG.png
    30 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
@Alessandro:

If you use a transparent PNG as a material when you don't actually want to use its transparency you're going to run into that problem, it's not C3D's fault.

@Alessandro:

If you use a transparent PNG as a material when you don't actually want to use its transparency you're going to run into that problem, it's not C3D's fault.

I DO want to use transparency. That's why I am exporting the file as a PNG with transparency.

I am not necessarily suggesting it is the fault of Cheetah; I do not know what is behind the function of importing a PNG. I AM letting Martin know this is happening. If it helps improve the product, great. If it's the fault of Illustrator, others who have the same problem will know it's been addressed and will know to avoid exporting PNGs from Illustrator.

Back