Cheetah3D 5.7 Beta 2

Nice work Martin! (as always)

Nice work ebstudioslive! (the black spots on the dog don't work well with the black background but the overall composition is nice)

Mouse Rotate Issue with Large Scale Models

Hi Martin,

I am still working on those tubes!

When I have a model and the tubes are at a large scale, the control keys are quite jerky.

Please see attached file. Try to rotate the mouse around an object and I think you'll see what I mean. It makes it very difficult to achieve precision.

Thanks for taking a look.

--MarkE

Attachments

Last edited:
Control Keys

The ones from the preferences for One button mouse:

ALT + Mouse Drag:
Rotate camera around object.

ALT +  + Mouse Drag:
Zoom camera.

ALT + CTRL + Mouse Drag:
Move camera.

I figured out that the camera is rotating around a pivot somewhere deep in the Z space (I have no idea how it got set that way, or how to set it to a new center). I saved the file under a different name and it now longer exhibits that behavior.

frank beckmann

When in object mode click to select your main object of interest and then the little icon in the upper right side above 3d-view called "focus camera" (better set as a hotkey) - that will bring you instantly to the object and camera/perspectiv view will rotate around the "focussed" object.

Cheers
Frank

3D View Camera Guidelines rendering in reflections

Okay, see if this one confounds you.

I changed the 3D View Camera Guidelines in the preferences so I could better see the camera frame. The guides are rendering as reflections in my objects. See the red in the attached jpg. I tried to turn it off by making the guides 100% transparent. No good.

I notice changing the Camera color does something similar. Martin, can these be made visible in the editor and invisible in render?

--MarkE

Attachments

When in object mode click to select your main object of interest and then the little icon in the upper right side above 3d-view called "focus camera" (better set as a hotkey) - that will bring you instantly to the object and camera/perspectiv view will rotate around the "focussed" object.

Cheers
Frank
Thank you Frank, perfect.

frank beckmann

That seems a redraw bug in the camera background color option when the opacity is turned to 0%.
I started a new camera and it´s gone. Martin has to check it up. I sent a report.
Thanks for testing the beta.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

Last edited:
Odd repositioning of objects on Save

In beta 2 I am importing a PDF profile to use in the Lathe creator object to make a tube. Before importing I save my file, then import the PDF. Immediately after import, several of my objects have moved to a different position. See images.

If I close the file without saving and reopen it, the objects are still in the (new) wrong position.

If I open the file in 5.6, the objects are in the correct position.

--MarkE

Attachments

Last edited:

frank beckmann

Well - yes I can see it. But again I can´t recreate it. I wonder why your pdf is 204KB for a simple path what needs maybe 4KB all the most. Have you checked you pdf-import properties at the preferences? Should set at "0.01".
Seems I ran out of suggestions.
(Maybe put it all together and send it over to Martin)

Cheers
Frank

uncle808us

Import children Bug

I drag the child onto the parent.
I have the import children assigned to the (i) key I press it and the tool shows up but when I double click the parent icon the child is deleted.
If I do the same thing but use the drop down menu item import children it works as expected. Is this a bug?
http://blip.tv/file/4948412

Last edited: