Relative_Particle_Array

Relative_Particle_Array

!

EDIT: most recent script placed here ;-)

Hi Guys,

Whith a lot of help from Hiroto (wherefore I'm very gratefull), I managed to make a first script which replicates particles relatively...
http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6885

This was my very first scripting experience, so there is most definately lots of room for improvement. Please don't hesitate to do so ;-)

I hope this script has some potential.

Kind regards,
Filip

Attachments

• Afbeelding 30.png
    Afbeelding 30.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 949
  • Relative Particle Array.js.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:
Congrats to your first (funny) script.:icon_thumbup:
Oddly it won´t load automatically with your file - just manually - but then your settings were lost. No big deal - maybe it´s just my machine while still under Leopard.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks Frank!

It even gets funnier if you place the script inside itself ;-)
(unfortunately then it won't get rendered)

Filip

You can try to convert it to Particle->Polygon under Tools.
This one gets rendered.
Hit play button. :p Hopefully it will load.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• EinsteinParticle.jas.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 778
Congrats to your first (funny) script.:icon_thumbup:
Oddly it won´t load automatically with your file - just manually - but then your settings were lost. No big deal - maybe it´s just my machine while still under Leopard.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Frank

that's because Cheetah looks for "Relative Particle Array" and the script file has underscores: "Relative_Particle_Array.js". Renaming the script does the trick :smile:

@filip c: thanks a lot, it's great to see more users trying the js route and sharing their progress. I think it has a lot of potential BTW

cheers,
Alessandro

Last edited:
that's because Cheetah looks for "Relative Particle Array" and the script file has underscores: "Relative_Particle_Array.js". Renaming the script does the trick :smile:

Ah yes, I changed the name after I made the example...
I'll change it this evening ( I'm at work now ;-) )

Thanks Alessandro.

hehe... thanks guys!
time's passing by BTW... better think about hiding my age in the future or some of our youngest friends here will start to treat me like their father LOL!
(I wanted to say "dare del Lei" but there's no "tu/lei/voi" thingy in english, fortunately!)

cheers,
A

Hi Alessandro,

I'll look into it.

(I'm quite busy for the moment though, so it probably won't be soon. I just lost my job :frown:, now I'm trying to become an independant graphic desiggner / illustrator)

For now, the x,y and z positions are calculated by the distance and rotation. Maybe there should be a choice.

Tip: I think that some effects can also be made with the particle tag...

I also have plans to implement some more features...

To be continued... ;)

Filip

sorry to hear that, filip! hard times last here too, but sometimes we start to see some lights at the end of the tunnel

take your time on the script enhancement of course, it was just an idea that came to mind while playing with it ;)

cheers,
Alessandro

Hi guys,

I just couldn't resist... :tongue:

I added some modifications.
Now, the rotation can be controlled better...

@ Hiroto: Thanks for getting me started on this exciting scripting adventure ;)
@ Alessandro: Thanks, I'm adding an offset ( x, y, z + factor) to each particle's position...

Greetings,
Filip

Attachments

• Relative Particle Array2.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
Hi Alessandro en co.,

I'm quite proud to present this new version :D

I just added an offset for the x, y and z positions + their relativity factor to the script...

Kind regards,
Filip

Attachments

• Relative Particle Array3.js.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 584
Hi guys,

I'm sorry I keep posting little changes, but ik keep finding things to improve...:smile:

So here goes version 4.
I added a button to adjust heading...

I got the idea for the script, when I was trying to model a coral reef, maybe an idea for a challenge (and a good way to test the potential of this script :tongue: repeating it in itself can generate nice complex forms)

Anyway, have fun! ;)

Filip

Attachments

• Relative Particle Array4.js.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 596
  • Afbeelding 31.png
    Afbeelding 31.png
    186 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:
Thank you very much, filip!
I'll try the latest version ASAP and come back to you for some feedback...

If I may add 2c more, I'd keep the script with the same name from version to version, leaving the version number on the .zip name only (I think Hiroto does so): this way the new version automatically overwrite the old one when you drag and drop it into the script folder. It's just my very personal view BTW, the others may think different (and it's no big issue of course...)

thank you again,
Alessandro

Okidoki, I will do so in the future...:smile:

(B.T.W.: if you play with the offset, you might want to set the distance to zero)

Cheers,
Filip

Thank you very much, filip!
I'll try the latest version ASAP and come back to you for some feedback...

If I may add 2c more, I'd keep the script with the same name from version to version, leaving the version number on the .zip name only (I think Hiroto does so): this way the new version automatically overwrite the old one when you drag and drop it into the script folder. It's just my very personal view BTW, the others may think different (and it's no big issue of course...)

thank you again,
Alessandro

Attachments

• Relative Particle Array.js.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Back