Simple Die Tutorial

Simple Die Tutorial

Hi all, I just created a simple introductory tutorial with the compulsory die in it :) I hope it's useful. You can view a better quality image on my blog.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• die_tutorial.jpg
    die_tutorial.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 919
I did the tutorial also. I enjoyed it as it had clear concise steps, and pictures...

I did however have an issue with the extrude after the inner extrude.. I set the setting like you showed and the extrude made the circles go outward.. A simple normal move after that and they then moved as the steps showed.....

I did the tutorial also. I enjoyed it as it had clear concise steps, and pictures...

I did however have an issue with the extrude after the inner extrude.. I set the setting like you showed and the extrude made the circles go outward.. A simple normal move after that and they then moved as the steps showed.....

John, thanks for pointing that out, I may have to re-write that part. When you first click to extrude, it's true the extrusion tool moves the polygons outward. You need to keep holding the mouse button down and drag a bit (I can't remember in which direction now) until you get that result. It's not too hard, but it's not obvious either.

Back