Dumb contest idea? - t-shirt

Dumb contest idea? - t-shirt

Okay, here is possibly a dumb idea, but I thought I would float it anyway. I stumbled across a t-shirt fundraiser at the Processing.org site (http://processing.org/shop/) and bought a t-shirt (picture attached) even though i don't use the program, because a) it looked cool, b) the price and shipping was reasonable, and c) it was for a good cause.

Which made me start to think, what if there was a cool Cheetah3D t-shirt?

Now there are likely a lot of IFS, ANDS and BUTS for this proposal, but I thought I would throw it out and see what people thought.

Some technical details would be: how to print and distribute - obviously some on-line print on demand site but which one, and which one would offer a fair price (and good quality) and reasonable shipping for anyone in the world (I live in Canada and have backed away from some European t-shirt purchases because the shipping price is horrendous); who would set it up - maybe Martin so any profits (if any) would go to him; maybe Martin doesn't need a fundraiser :); there may be some limitations on reproduction of the graphic (full color vs one color etc, or visibility with the chosen t-shirt color); etc etc.

Rules? 1) look cool and show off Cheetah3D capabilities, 2) incorporate the logo somewhere (this could be an icon in the corner or something, which would mean post-render touch ups. Also we would need the logo available as a good quality file).

Or, the winning design (by votes as per usual) could be available for download and people could print an iron-on t-shirt transfer and make their their own shirt.

Dumb idea? Thoughts?

Attachments

• brain-full.jpg
    brain-full.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 685
Some technical details would be: how to print and distribute - obviously some on-line print on demand site but which one, and which one would offer a fair price (and good quality) and reasonable shipping for anyone in the world (I live in Canada and have backed away from some European t-shirt purchases because the shipping price is horrendous)

Cafépress? :D

-- GS

Hi!
so here we go. I had a couple of funny nights playing with an old (very simple) model of mine, excellent Frank's designs (thanks!) and some famous adv quotes...
I see the original idea was to create a new design for the real T-shirt but I'd like to do something different... like rendering a Cheetah T-shirt in Cheetah, re-using the original Cheetah brand. I don't know how serious Roger was about printing real ones but these are not candidates for that of course (unless the owner of the design thinks different...)
I probably should have asked Martin before posting official material but I think he will easily see the spirit behind this project...
I tried to fake some thickness-driven translucency (a little more visible in single ed. shots) but the whole thing is still a WIP, so bear with me (very low res renders too).

Tshirt_Collection.gif

I don't think there's need to credit the original advs, should I?
so choose your design and size and grab your copy...

Tshirt_Shelf.jpg

cheers,
Alessandro

P.S.: my fav ATM is the nike-ish one

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to credit my friend Rusteberg for his excellent tutorial on how to make a T-shirt like this (he's way ahead, of course!)

Last edited:
Hi!
so here we go. I had a couple of funny nights playing with an old (very simple) model of mine, excellent Frank's designs (thanks!) and some famous adv quotes...
I see the original idea was to create a new design for the real T-shirt but I'd like to do something different... like rendering a Cheetah T-shirt in Cheetah, re-using the original Cheetah brand. I don't know how serious Roger was about printing real ones but these are not candidates for that of course (unless the owner of the design thinks different...)
I probably should have asked Martin before posting official material but I think he will easily see the spirit behind this project...
I tried to fake some thickness-driven translucency (a little more visible in single ed. shots) but the whole thing is still a WIP, so bear with me (very low res renders too).

Tshirt_Collection.gif

I don't think there's need to credit the original advs, should I?
so choose your design and size and grab your copy...

Tshirt_Shelf.jpg

cheers,
Alessandro

P.S.: my fav ATM is the nike-ish one

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to credit my friend Rusteberg for his excellent tutorial on how to make a T-shirt like this (he's way ahead, of course!)

Great looking t-shirts :smile: To bad i wasnt around here a year ago, or the idea, i had a t-shirt printing business then and would have gladly contributed with the whole thing. :(

/Swe

Back