script for Wavy Plane

script for Wavy Plane

this is for creating Wavy Plane and Wavy Plane animation.
you can control width, height, wave count and wave scale ( start and end ).

this script is for both version of Cheetah3D, 2.6.1 or 3.x.

Sample Movie: Waving Red Velvet Movie (84KB h.264)

** Download URL for Wavy Plane.js (20060513)

I updated. current version is v.20060515 (for smooth wave animation and scale type).

regards.

tg_jp

Attachments

• ch_20060512_wp1.jpg
    ch_20060512_wp1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,339
Last edited:
Wow!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: That is so great thank you (arigato)!
I'm trying it out now!!

Regards,

Peter

Great script - Thanks!
I'm curious about the wave count parameter - it seems to have a max value of 100.
I'm in the need of more that 100 waves. Is it possible?

Thanks,
--Shift Studio.

Nice Frank! Thanks so much!

Now for 600 waves, I need more 'Section(s) Width' Right now it's maximum is 1000. I think I need 6 sections per wave so 3600.
I opened up the .js and am going to have a go at setting this part myself.
If it works, I'll post it here.

thanks again,
--Shift Studio.

Okay, it works with 600 waves, 6 sections per wave.
Limited testing.

Thanks Frank for your help.

Here is modified - I hope this okay with tg_jp
Rename as desired :smile:

--Shift Studio.

EDIT: Actually I was in error, and I really only need 3 sections per wave because I'm going to subdivide - so for a wave count of 600, sections width parameter can be 1800

Attachments

• Wavy Plane600b.js.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:
Hi Hiroto.

Thanks again for this script.

Can you look at the way it handles UV's? When I unwrap, I believe I should get a rectangle, instead, I get a curvy UV island that overlaps itself and isn't usable.

Thanks!
--Shift Studio.

Attachments

• wavyplan-unwrapped-UV.gif
    wavyplan-unwrapped-UV.gif
    142.7 KB · Views: 455
Hello, thank you for your information.

I don't know why it doesn't work properly with this object. :(

this script's polygon already has rectangle uv map. you want to edit it? as you wrote, UV Unwrap tool doesn't work correctly with this object, so I recommend using UV Mapper tool or Translate/Rotate/Scale Tool at UV Editor view.

Best.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Hello, thank you for your information.

I don't know why it doesn't work properly with this object. :(

this script's polygon already has rectangle uv map. you want to edit it? as you wrote, UV Unwrap tool doesn't work correctly with this object, so I recommend using UV Mapper tool or Translate/Rotate/Scale Tool at UV Editor view.

Best.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Thanks for looking into it Hiroto! Upon looking into it further, the simple version of the script does unwrap as expected:redface: - a rectangle.

I had added a catmull-clark subdivision modifier, made it editable and hoped I could unwrap.

Turns out if you make the wavy-plane editable, then unwrap, then add Subdiv modifier, make editable, then unwrap, you get a useable, close to rectangular UV.

You might ask why not just increase the 'section width' parameter and forego the subdiv modifier altogether ... the answer is because I also had a crumple modifier in the mix that I didn't mention above.

thanks again - shift studio.

Back