procedural Christmas Ball contest

TerryG

[Maybe we can add this decoration around the nice tree. I used the "hair script" to make it.

- Novus[/QUOTE]

It's almost impossible to move the object with the hair script though.

[Maybe we can add this decoration around the nice tree. I used the "hair script" to make it.

- Novus
It's almost impossible to move the object with the hair script though.[/quote]

The "new tree" with the higher density looks good.

I just tried to move the decoration, it works. You just have to move the helix object and then to click on the update buttom in the hair script. First the "hair" is on the old position, then it appears at the new position.

- Novus

TerryG

It's almost impossible to move the object with the hair script though.
The "new tree" with the higher density looks good.

I just tried to move the decoration, it works. You just have to move the helix object and then to click on the update buttom in the hair script. First the "hair" is on the old position, then it appears at the new position.

- Novus[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks Novus, I'll remember that. :icon_thumbup:

just a quick note to let you know I'm setting up the tree... if anyone has some more procedural to share, now it's the time :rolleyes:

Weedo, thanks for saving me the time to make the lights... a simplified version is already on the tree (well, some hundreds of instances actually :smile: )

cheers,
Alessandro

work... in... progress... (still... time... to... join... in...) :smile:

light/decorations test - ball materials still missing - fully instanced decorations (*Loving* ParticleSpline and Todd's PathedHelix.js) - fir tree made in Vue8 (exported as .3ds)

cheers,
Alessandro

P.S.: Novus I didn't use your "hair" festoon because I had (and wanted) to go the "instance" way ("only" 4Gb ram here... mine has 100000 -max?- instanced 4-quad-planes with alpha map to multiply 6x!). sorry. the idea is yours of course... ;)

Attachments

More like a particle xmas ball...

Here's my try. It's not done with nodes. It's particles. I'm not in for the contest, just for the spirit of the season.
Cheers!
I think I'll donate the ball... :D

Attachments

Last edited: