Robot Modeling Contest

Thanks for the comments guys!

To answer your question GardenSpider I never really gave him a name, I was mostly just playing with primitives and the default materials and didn't plan anything on him.

Thanks for the comments guys!

To answer your question GardenSpider I never really gave him a name, I was mostly just playing with primitives and the default materials and didn't plan anything on him.

How about... Mind Machine? Jetbooster? Zvorblak? Mindmelter? Jetmaster Fireminder? Or how about just Novolume's Robot? I don't know, I have to put something in the contestants list! :D ...

-- GS

How about... Mind Machine? Jetbooster? Zvorblak? Mindmelter? Jetmaster Fireminder? Or how about just Novolume's Robot? I don't know, I have to put something in the contestants list! :D ...

-- GS

As he's a pretty simple robot I think I'll go for a simple name, I'll call him 11. Thanks for the suggestions, sounds like you've got some ideas!

As he's a pretty simple robot I think I'll go for a simple name, I'll call him 11. Thanks for the suggestions, sounds like you've got some ideas!

Lol, 11 it is!
Wait a minute! Hey -- He's the eleventh robot! I get it! Ha ha! :D
-- GS

Last edited:
Number 12

Hi all!
Here's my contribution. There's still a bit of texturing left to do, but essentially it is done.
And yes, its body is an empty can! :D

Attachments

• bot.jpg
    bot.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 539
Great model Andreu and really different to the rest of the entries. I wonder who else will join in the competition?

Great model Andreu and really different to the rest of the entries. I wonder who else will join in the competition?

Me too! I was hoping that CartoonMike and Weedo would finish up their models, because they posted WIPs and didn't show finished projects. ;)

-- GS

Some changes on ED-209 Baby and a new one

I basically peeled off the rubberish material coating ;) and made the steel come true, added two spotlights and that´s it.:smile:

The other guy i made yesterday, i think i will try learning animating with it.
I tried to make him cartoonish so he can be named Cartoon Rob.:tongue:

Swedenhjelm

Attachments

• silverrobot.jpg
    silverrobot.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 665
  • goofy1.png
    goofy1.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 664
  • goofy2.png
    goofy2.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 686
I basically peeled off the rubberish material coating ;) and made the steel come true, added two spotlights and that´s it.:smile:

The other guy i made yesterday, i think i will try learning animating with it.
I tried to make him cartoonish so he can be named Cartoon Rob.:tongue:

Swedenhjelm

Cool! Great!

Lots of robots! :)

-- GS

Cool! Great!

Lots of robots! :)

-- GS

Thank´s but i think maybe this one turned out wrong, when i looked back in thread i found Rosey by cartoonMike, so my name CartoonRob can look pretty insulting, it also has some similartis, non intended ofcourse, i got inspired from this i found. English is not my native language either so bear with me.:redface:

Swedenhjelm

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 669
Just thinking that it would be nice to have all the entries in a thread on their own with no chatter, either that or as part of the opening thread on this one. At the moment you have to wade through loads of pages to see the entries.

Just thinking that it would be nice to have all the entries in a thread on their own with no chatter, either that or as part of the opening thread on this one. At the moment you have to wade through loads of pages to see the entries.

Yes, I keep on reposting the entries but thats a good idea. :icon_thumbup:

-- GS

Beebot

one more "little" entry :smile:

good work guys:icon_thumbup:
keep post your robots..
more 'bots more fun!!!

I'm asking myself why SurfinAlien is not in this contest:frown:

Andreu your bot is very funny I can't wait to see the final render..
(btw it olready looks great)

bye bee bye to everyone..

Attachments

• Schermata 2011-01-12 a 02.55.04.png
    Schermata 2011-01-12 a 02.55.04.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 623
  • Schermata 2011-01-12 a 02.56.02.png
    Schermata 2011-01-12 a 02.56.02.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 654
  • Schermata 2011-01-12 a 02.56.35.png
    Schermata 2011-01-12 a 02.56.35.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 651
  • Schermata 2011-01-12 a 02.57.05.png
    Schermata 2011-01-12 a 02.57.05.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 636
one more "little" entry :smile:
Andreu your bot is very funny I can't wait to see the final render..
(btw it olready looks great)
Thanks and nice job, Weedo! Funny thing, I had an idea for an insect robot as well... I had something slightly different in mind, I hope to have enough time to finish my first one up and do a second one after that.
Andreu

Back