MDD Exporter.js / MDD Baker.js

MDD Exporter.js / MDD Baker.js

hello

it's scripts for using MDD file with Cheetah3D 5.5.

[download] -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=60

update_20101017: bug fixed. zup/yup option added.
update_20101018: flip normal bug fixed.
update_20120828: crash bug fixed.

actually I couldn't test so much, anyone send me sample mdd files?
anyway, please let me know if you have any problem to use it.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Last edited:
Amazing, thanks so much for this! I only have the CHeetah3d demo so I can't export but everything else seems to be working perfectly!

Amazing, thanks so much for this! I only have the CHeetah3d demo so I can't export but everything else seems to be working perfectly!

If you need to test with a licensed copy of C3D 5.5, post a file and I'll give it a try.

Nice work, Hiroto, thanks.

The animation is working correctly in modo, but the point order is not right.

The animation appears to be rotated -90 on the zed, and -90 on the Y, while, of course the mesh in modo is not. This results in an unrecognizable spikey blob doing a sideways walk cycle. :)

Tested using Alien walk.jas, and imported into modo 401.

I am not a programmer, but it appears there is a point order bug... but what do I know? :)

It sounds like a lightwave or blender MDD would be useful to you. Can anyone provide Hiroto with that?

Nice progress so far... very cool!

-NC

hi

Nice work, Hiroto, thanks.

Tested using Alien walk.jas, and imported into modo 401.

I am not a programmer, but it appears there is a point order bug... but what do I know? :)

It sounds like a lightwave or blender MDD would be useful to you. Can anyone provide Hiroto with that?

-NC

thank you for testing. I've just updated the script. some bug fixed and zup/yup option added (that help -90 degree problem. ) please download and replace it.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

y-up.jpg

z-up.jpg

Hi, still some unexpected results, but the mesh is no longer all jacked-up.

We're getting there! Please see attached images... we've still got some orientation problems.

Nice progress, so far!

Thanks,

-NC

running the updated bake script crashes C3D 5.5 every time Hiroto, however the old version does not crash C3D 5.5.

Well, the export script works well with C4D (no issues at all) unsure why modo flips normals. I don't own modo so can't test.

hello

thank you so much for testing and sample .mdd data.

I have just updated the script, please check it. flip problem is solved with my test file.

about crashing MDD Baker.js, I couldn't reproduce it in my test ( including tank.mdd ). if this will occur with the latest script, please let me know about it with mdd file ( if it available ).

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Excellent work, Hiroto!

Just did a quick test with the new MDD exporter, and the model is now oriented correctly, and animating correctly, and with correct normals!

This is very cool... I don't have have a lot of time right now to do much more testing, but when I get a chance, I will try and do some more thorough testing...

Thanks,

-NC

Fantastic! Great to see the exporter is working well. I'm still getting the crash with the Baker plug though, no mdd involved the plug never launches, just select it in the menu and crash.

I've tried it with my imported tank mesh and with primitives created in C3d.

Here's a crash report if it will help

MDD crash report

Hello

ok, MDD Baker.js is a polygon script, not a tool script. so it must be placed into ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts/Polygonobj folder, not same as MDD Exporter.js. please make sure about it.

currently Cheetah3D's script system doesn't have any api to access morph tag data, so I choosed polygon script to play vertices animation stored in MDD file.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Back