Cheetah3D 5.6 preview

Hi,
They are a hugh improvement over the old snapping tools.:smile: :smile:
Bye
Martin

don't really know what to say...awesome...great...magical ;-)

by the way: will this snapping also work with splines? (for example when modelling a car)

I'm really happy to hear that you like the new features. And many thanks for your patience.:smile: :smile: I know that 5.6 is already overdue. :wink:

Bye
Martin

I'm really happy to hear that you like the new features. And many thanks for your patience.:smile: :smile: I know that 5.6 is already overdue. :wink:

Bye
Martin

honestly some other app developer/company would have charged once or twice payed upgrades for all the new stuff you're putting into the 5.x cycle... so take your time Martin

since you mentioned splines and UVs (happy to hear snapping will work with them too!)... it would be great if there was some kind of Symmetry toggle on/off while drawing/tweaking splines, I mean something like symmetrical sculpting in other apps

cheers,
Alessandro

Snapping! Great, this is something that will really help me out. From what I can see on your video preview too it looks like it works really well. I'm really looking forward to playing with 5.6.

great! awesome! thrilling!:tongue:

This really adds some more precision. So you just killed the phrase "just eyeball it..." in the Forums :wink:

btw. will there be snapping for ringcuts (half, quarter.. edge) ?

... it would be great if there was some kind of Symmetry toggle on/off while drawing/tweaking splines, I mean something like symmetrical sculpting in other apps
Isn´t that possible right now - unless I understand you. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SymmetrieSpline.jpeg
    SymmetrieSpline.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 515
Martin,

Great to hear all the new features on the way.

Improvements are always welcome. With that said, I hope you keep the format as it is with the camera tools up top, as no other program I've tried makes navigating a 3D scene as easy as those camera icons. I don't have to press any keyboard buttons, just bring my pen to the icon, quick zoom/rotate and it's done with great ease. Thanks Martin!

YES, but I'm still working on that so no preview about that yet.:wink:

I'm also working on UV snapping by the way.:cool:

Bye
Martin

wow,...don't know what to say...
...except :D :D :D :D :D :D :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

grid, ruler guides in UV editor

5.6 features look great!
As long as people are listing their wishes here, how about a grid and ruler guides a'la any page layout, illustration or other 2D graphic app, in the UV Editor.
-with 'snap to grid / guides' toggle-able.

Thanks,
--Shift Studio.

Last edited:
5.6 features look great!
As long as people are listing their wishes here, how about a grid and ruler guides a'la any page layout, illustration or other 2D graphic app, in the UV Editor.
-with 'snap to grid / guides' toggle-able.

Snap to grid will be there but no guides.

Bye
Martin

Wow! A lot of useful features. I'm looking forward to it!
Is there any way of including a ruler tool like this- I took a ruler that was posted by someone here and made an XYZ ruler. I just kept adding another ruler in each direction to extend it. This was my way of ballparking proportions of objects in relation to real world measurements.Maybe have a fill in box to control how many feet one may need.

Attachments

• XYZ ruler.jpg
    XYZ ruler.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 412
Back