Cheetah3D 5.6 preview

Hey Martin, I can't believe I did not watch that video until today :)
I love the new features, they'll be most welcome.
Oh, and I agree, it's great hearing your actual voice. :D

Cheers!

5.6 preview

Will there be any support for the Apple Magic Trackpad in Cheetah? I just got one, hoping that it would work, but the 2 finger zoom does not work at all in Cheetah. Wishful thinking, hoping t rid myself of the mouse.

Hi Andreu,
you will even more like to hear that 5.6 will have working snapping.:wink: I think that was also on your wish list.

Bye
Martin

Will there be any support for the Apple Magic Trackpad in Cheetah? I just got one, hoping that it would work, but the 2 finger zoom does not work at all in Cheetah. Wishful thinking, hoping t rid myself of the mouse.

I plan to add multi-touch to the UV editor first. I will buy a Magic trackpad soon so I have to add multi-touch in my own interest.:wink:

Bye
Martin

re: Multi touch and the Magic TrackPad

Multi touch with the Magic TrackPad is difficult. In order to invoke any gesture, you have to press down on the pad to engage the bottom clickers. In my case, this took considerable effort that has my hand barking after just 10 minutes with the TrackPad. I may be an unusual case - nerve damage on my right arm... My first and only try with a track ball 12 years ago for just 20 minutes had me on the floor in pain for 1-1/2 hours.

Zooming the camera in and out does not work in Cheetah (yes, Martin says he has yet to include multi touch in Cheetah) and two finger scrolling does not work in Safari - at least for me it didn't. Attempting to do anything in Photoshop was a joke... and I like doing work with a laptop. Go figure. Back to the Wacom mouse that I love.

Zooming the camera in and out does not work in Cheetah (yes, Martin says he has yet to include multi touch in Cheetah) and two finger scrolling does not work in Safari - at least for me it didn't. Attempting to do anything in Photoshop was a joke... and I like doing work with a laptop. Go figure. Back to the Wacom mouse that I love.

Multi-touch has to be added manually to each app so that will take some time. But I'm sure that also the big developers are working on that feature so that in the future most apps support it.

Bye
Martin

Multi touch with the Magic TrackPad is difficult. In order to invoke any gesture, you have to press down on the pad to engage the bottom clickers...

I think this is a result of wrong settings in the system preferences. I never had to press down the trackpad...it works exactly like the trackpads on the macbooks...clicking by tap is not always enabled from the start...just a setting thing...

re: TrackPad

I see no settings to adjust in System Preferences, unless the mouse settings apply to the trackpad... still boxed up.

re: TrackPad

It came with no CD or DVD. My OS is up to date... I'll download and install - perhaps this was the bug-a-boo.

Hi,
I've just uploaded a second movie showing the new snapping tools.

They are a hugh improvement over the old snapping tools.:smile: :smile:
Bye
Martin

They are a hugh improvement over the old snapping tools.:smile: :smile:
Bye
Martin[/QUOTE]

Awesome :icon_thumbup:

Back