Cheetah3D 5.6 preview

Cheetah3D 5.6 preview

Hi,
here is a short movie showing some of the new features in Cheetah3D 5.6.

Sorry for the quite questionable quality of the movie.:wink: But I hope it gives you an idea of the features I'm working on.

Bye
Martin

Last edited:
Hi,
here is a short movie showing some of the new features in Cheetah3D 5.6.

Sorry for the quite questionable quality of the movie.:wink: But I hope it gives you an idea of the features I'm working on.

Bye
Martin

Very cool, Martin, looking forward to it. :smile: :icon_thumbup:

Wow! I needed a lot of these, I'm excited! Great stuff Martin!:icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

Nice, I've wanted to use multi-object select on a few occasions now so that's a welcome addition. Also the gadget tool looks really handy for modeling - any news on a date when we can expect to see 5.6?

how cool is that!? :icon_thumbup:
thank you Martin, this is a whole set of timesavers

I specially love the snappy-gadget thingie, maybe there could be a "set current gadget as pivot" option (or snapping in pivot mode) in the future?

can't wait to put my hands on this... :rolleyes:

cheers,
A

I'm most impressed by the object naming in the object browser menu, the tabbing through scene objects in the object browser and multiple selections in the 3D view. Seems like simple stuff but so important for keeping in the flow.
Lovin' the gadget tool, I think this point release is soooo important to the general workflow of C3D. I love these kind of improvements.:wink:

Some really great improvements here; thanks Martin.

I am a big fan of renaming things in the object browser and the arrow navigation.

And multiple object select and transform is fantastic

I'd suggest the gadget not look like a sizing widget.

Gadget mode and normal transforms using the transform tool are huge improvements.

Oh and for the record pixlet is lossy (very high quality though).

Last edited:
Good stuff Martin, love the accent!

The manipulator via normal feature looks a good one, I can see a lot of freedom being attained by that.

Aaron

I'd suggest the gadget not look like a sizing widget.

I don't understand that. The center of the transform gadget was always a box. Why not leave it as it is. I think the box looks good.

Oh and for the record pixlet is lossy (very high quality though).

Saying that was a mistake of course. Since Pixlet has a quality slider it has to be lossy of course.:wink:

Bye
Martin

I don't understand that. The center of the transform gadget was always a box. Why not leave it as it is. I think the box looks good.

It looks good but it is misleading. I remember finding it confusing that the C3D transform widget had cube widgets for scaling (like Silo) but a central cube that was for ... what? ("things that behave differently should look different" to paraphrase Bruce Tognazzini).

Surely there's something that will look good but not imply it is a scaling device. Perhaps a small wire square or circle.

BTW by default if I create a cube in a blank document I get a grey cube widget on a grey cube on a grey background. I think it would be nice if C3D didn't default to making grey on grey on grey.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 12.37.32 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 12.37.32 PM.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 655
Back